Monster MotorsportSky Insurance
    loves quattro

Status

W4tkins new Gloss Black SE Grill and quick photoshoot with 'quattro'.

I helped W4tkins today, we fitted an shiny new gloss black grill to his the black A4 that his misses razzes about in

Here's some photos:

Rob has ordered some Eibach Springs for it today

After the grill swap, which took about 45 minutes - we decided to get some shots of the cars parked up

Comments as always are welcome
    Last edited by Richardesty; 10th August 2010 at 21:07.

2. # ADS
    ADS

5th Gear

Status
    You need a red one in there, I'll be round shortly
    Nathan

Red Audi A4 B7 S-Line with Leather/Alcantara interior

Current Mods: Painted Brake Calipers, Gear-driven oil shaft assembly, RS4 grille, Debadged, B8 MFSW, Cruise Control, RS4-style Fog Surrounds, Satin Black Cupra R Splitter, RS4 RARB, Clear Corner headlights, 2011 RNS-e, MTEC Drilled and Grooved Brake Discs.

loves quattro

Status
    Quick then - it's getting dark!!!

Reverse Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Wrath View Post
    You need a red one in there, I'll be round shortly
    More the merryer Wrath!!!!!

Thanks again for the help Rich a very friendly welcome to the adui-sport comunity.

I will be making a before and after journal of my SE when all the bits turn up and are fitted. Keep a look out
    A4 B7 SE

Mods: To come.............

• Richardesty said: "One day I'll be able to afford a BMW, and when that day comes I'm gonna buy an Audi"
    • I say: you got it wrong mate! Have both

5th Gear

Status
    Don't you worry, I'm planning a visit in the near future. Just need to buy some bits and then watch you put them on my car
    Nathan

Current Mods: Painted Brake Calipers, Gear-driven oil shaft assembly, RS4 grille, Debadged, B8 MFSW, Cruise Control, RS4-style Fog Surrounds, Satin Black Cupra R Splitter, RS4 RARB, Clear Corner headlights, 2011 RNS-e, MTEC Drilled and Grooved Brake Discs.

loves quattro

Status
    You're always welcome Wrath - always happy to have the driveway full of tools and car bits

5th Gear

Status
    It's all a matter of what bits first and what I can get away with without the missus finding out.

Maybe cupra splitter, RS4 RARB and rear lights.....who knows. I might just come down to salivate over your paintwork.
    Nathan

Status

My Social Networking

Follow quattrojames On Twitter Add quattrojames on Facebook
    Looks good Rich you're clearly a dab hand at this now

Quote Originally Posted by Richardesty View Post
    always happy to have the driveway full of tools
    Last edited by quattrojames; 10th August 2010 at 21:24.
    Ingolstance Read about my A6 HERE.

6th Gear

Status
    Both lovely looking A4s. I like your grille richard how you do it or got a link?

Cheers
    Dark Vader Half sibling - MyThread

loves quattro

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by benskin07 View Post
    Both lovely looking A4s. I like your grille richard how you do it or got a link?

Cheers
    lol - errrr - you take a punt and buy an OEM RS6 Grill, and find a spare A4 Grill Surround, then cut and shut them to make them fit together before replacing the original grill with it.

Also seen it done on an A3 to similar effect.

6th Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Richardesty View Post
    lol - errrr - you take a punt and buy an OEM RS6 Grill, and find a spare A4 Grill Surround, then cut and shut them to make them fit together before replacing the original grill with it.

Also seen it done on an A3 to similar effect.
    Lol RS6 grill cost much? Yeah i think one of the guys has done it to his S3. May give it a try if i can find a spare S3 grill & RS6 thats not too much. Thanks for the advice
    Dark Vader Half sibling - MyThread

5th Gear

Status
    Hey guys, sorry if im hi jacking but im curious to know how easy/hard it is to remove front bumper?

Im after a new grill and want to know what im up against in advance

There is sports grills on ebay but the sellers say they will not fit S-lines???

how true is this?

Cheers dudes.
    Mafia black 2007 A4 S-line 2.0Tdi - RNSE - Bluetooth - MFSW - GSM phone prep - Privacy glass all round - Cupra R splitter - Black Grill, surround and fog surrounds - 12" sub and 1200 watt JBL Amp - AP Coilovers - 19" RS6 Alloys - 6mm f & 15mm r spacers - Carbon wrapped interior - Blue LED dials - Ambient Lighting - Cruise Control - HID's - LED side lights - mapped to 185bhp / 380nm - Twin exit exhaust - RS6 style DRLs

5th Gear

Status
    The S-Line bumper is a different shape to the non-S-Lines that's why grille's fit one or the other (or in Rich's case, neither ).

Taking the front bumper off is slightly tricky if you haven't done it before. There are instructions available, just be ready to scour the skin off the back of yours hands.

And don't fiddle with the two large plastic screws sitting on the front crashbar, they adjust the height of the front bumper and can be a sod to get correct.
    Nathan

5th Gear

Status
    Ah, just wondered as audi and most sellers say RS4 grills won't fit A4 bumpers but they do, S-line and SE as far as I know??
    Mafia black 2007 A4 S-line 2.0Tdi - RNSE - Bluetooth - MFSW - GSM phone prep - Privacy glass all round - Cupra R splitter - Black Grill, surround and fog surrounds - 12" sub and 1200 watt JBL Amp - AP Coilovers - 19" RS6 Alloys - 6mm f & 15mm r spacers - Carbon wrapped interior - Blue LED dials - Ambient Lighting - Cruise Control - HID's - LED side lights - mapped to 185bhp / 380nm - Twin exit exhaust - RS6 style DRLs

5th Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Triple.O.G View Post
    Ah, just wondered as audi and most sellers say RS4 grills won't fit A4 bumpers but they do, S-line and SE as far as I know??
    I had this argument with the repair shop when I did the front end in, I asked them to stick in an RS4 grille. They didn't as their "Audi contact" said it wouldn't fit. RS4 grille's only fit in S-Line bumpers, not SE bumpers.
    Nathan

5th Gear

Status
    Got ya. Right I now have a plan in place then.

Thanks Nathan.

loves quattro

Status
    Front bumpers are dead easy to replace - providing you know where the fixings are.......

As for the RS6 Grill - it doesn't fit either the SE or Sline grill............unless you cut it down and custom merge it to an A4 surround!!!! They also cost a packed - unless like me you manage to find one on www.ebay.de

loves quattro

Status
    PS we've now added a cupra splitter to Rob's SE - and it's getting some Eibach springs on Saturday..........I presume Rob will be sharing these on here when completed!

2nd Gear

Status
    I may need another eye test cos I cant see the difference between the two?

Reverse Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by goon View Post
    I may need another eye test cos I cant see the difference between the two?
    Goon, the grill is the same design but is now in piano black (gloss) with a removable number plate surround. The original grill was a grey cheap plastic look. The photos dont show this very well but the new grill matches the body colour and has changed the look of the car totally.

As Rich says I will post up photos of all the jobs whe have done as soon as my car has been repaird (a local garage butchard the hub assembly). So keep your eyes peeled
    A4 B7 SE

Mods: To come.............

• Richardesty said: "One day I'll be able to afford a BMW, and when that day comes I'm gonna buy an Audi"
    • I say: you got it wrong mate! Have both

2nd Gear

Status
    is the grill adn surround an easy removal? I have seen a similar a4 to mine with all black grill and surround and it looks cool.

2nd Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Triple.O.G View Post
    Hey guys, sorry if im hi jacking but im curious to know how easy/hard it is to remove front bumper?

Im after a new grill and want to know what im up against in advance

There is sports grills on ebay but the sellers say they will not fit S-lines???

how true is this?

Cheers dudes.
    Here you go triple.O.G, step by step guide to bumper removal:

B7 A4/S4: Clear Corner Mod/Removal of Bumper

loves quattro

Status
    Once the bumper it off - the grill simply removes via 8 or so torx fixings then just pops out!

6th Gear

Status
    Mountain Ash, Rhondda Cynon Taff, United Kingdom
    quick question the grill on the grey one is it modified or replacement if so were can you get on really like and were do u mount the number plate?
    cheers

loves quattro

Status
    The Grill on mine is modified. It's the love child of an RS6 Grill and an A4 surround.......

You can mount the plate onto the mesh, but in my case it's mounted on a R/C motorized bracket under the car.

To see it try searching 'Audi A4 Show n Go' on YouTube - Broadcast Yourself. for when I first fitted it, prior to changing the grill!