AH FabricationsChris Nott

Thread: Coilover help

5th Gear

Status

Coilover help

Hi people, I really need some help fast, I have fitted some FK AK coilovers to my 07 S-line and the fronts were rattling around alot, we have taken them off and had a play around and even replaced the drop links, the drivers side and the rears are now perfect but the front passenger side rattles alot whilst moving even at 5mph, does anyone have any idea what this may be?

It sounds as though I'm driving over an old wooden bridge.

Everything is tight and has been checked and double checked so I'm all out of ideas???!!

Thanks.
    Mafia black 2007 A4 S-line 2.0Tdi - RNSE - Bluetooth - MFSW - GSM phone prep - Privacy glass all round - Cupra R splitter - Black Grill, surround and fog surrounds - 12" sub and 1200 watt JBL Amp - AP Coilovers - 19" RS6 Alloys - 6mm f & 15mm r spacers - Carbon wrapped interior - Blue LED dials - Ambient Lighting - Cruise Control - HID's - LED side lights - mapped to 185bhp / 380nm - Twin exit exhaust - RS6 style DRLs

2. # ADS
    ADS

2nd Gear

Status
    I would closely inspect all the bushes and the topmounts initially
    If it's not longitudinal and it's not Quattro..it's not an Audi
    VCDS (VAG-COM) HEX-CAN USB cable carrying member
    2005 A4 DTM 2.0 TFSi Quattro :364Bhp/477NM - Mapped by MRC Tuning
    Hybrid K04 Project ongoing (link to Build thread)

DMFW + Clutch For Sale

5th Gear

Status
    I'm on that this afternoon, replaced drop links cos the bushes were slightly loose but nothing, top mount was on very tight so I'm gonna compress spring and try to tighten it more and see if that works?

Thanks mate, I'll post an update later.
    Mafia black 2007 A4 S-line 2.0Tdi - RNSE - Bluetooth - MFSW - GSM phone prep - Privacy glass all round - Cupra R splitter - Black Grill, surround and fog surrounds - 12" sub and 1200 watt JBL Amp - AP Coilovers - 19" RS6 Alloys - 6mm f & 15mm r spacers - Carbon wrapped interior - Blue LED dials - Ambient Lighting - Cruise Control - HID's - LED side lights - mapped to 185bhp / 380nm - Twin exit exhaust - RS6 style DRLs

5th Gear

Status
    Ok my mechanic is coming tomorrow to take a look at this for the 3rd time, we have previously checked the bushes and the top mounts are as tight as the gun would take them, there was 0 noise before i putthe FK's on but once fitted they were rattling within driving a yard.

Does anyone know of anything else that this could be? could the anti roll bar be hitting anything due to it sitting higher/lower than with OEM suspension.

I really appreciate peoples opinions as well as facts as im stuck for what else it may be and if I dont find the problem im taking them off as I cant stand imperfections with m cars.

Thanks.