RNS-E & MMI SAT NAV PROBLEM

archiemac281

Reaction score
I have a 2007 S-Line with sat nav but I have just found out the disc is a copy and its starting to play up, stating unable to read. Firstly I need to know what Sat Nav Discs to buy as sometimes they are advertised as MMI discs and others as E-RNS version, so what is the difference or is there any ! My second question is whats the cheapest way to connect up so I can watch either a TV or DVDS without paying a fortune if at all possible (being an Audi) I know with some systems you can connect a standard DVD player you to watch however, I doubt very much this will be the case with Audis. Please accept my thanks in advance for any help or advice you can supply as I thought if anyone knows you guys will know. After a bit of research I think the sat nav may have been fitted after it was bought and not by audi even though its a genuine audi Sat Nav so I may have a different system fitted in my A4 so how the heck will I know HELP, David:ohmy:

Last edited:
MMI and RNS-E are completely different systems. So an MMI DVD will be a useless (expensive) coaster for you.

If I could I would hang draw and quarter the idiot at Audi who decided to make the RNS-E show MMI on startup - I know upwards of 100 people that have bought useless DVDs because of it.

To connect a TV or DVD player you need a multimedia adapter like a Kufatec IMA Plus - go for the Plus and a compatible DVD player, then you can control the DVD player from the RNS-E.

i did the same paid over £100 for the disc only to find out it was no good
As I posted above, you're not the first to make this mistake - and you won't be the last. They idiot at Audi who decided to make the RNS-E show MMI on startup has made himself/herself many enemies...:keule: