Chris NottJMB Retrofits
    Neutral

Status

led number plate lights

alright there has anyone came across any LED number plate lights tht do not set of the on board computer saying there is a lamp out???

cheers

2. # ADS
    ADS

VAG HUNTER

Status
    yeah doug p bought some i think ,but im pretty sure they were like 30 or something as they werent just bulbs they were light units .
    A4 TDI S-LINE

Getting There

Status
    ^^^^ yep spot on, from germany, search for my led thread guide, afer much trial and error i found them the only ones not to set off the warning light.
    think i paid 34 with P&P - depends on exchange rate
    NOW FOR SALE
    Audi A4 Avant S-LINE 2.0 TDI
    BOSE - PARKING SENSORS front and rear - ANGEL REMAP to 183bhp
    LED NUMBER PLATE LIGHTS, HIDS, LED SIDE INDICATORS, LED SIDELIGHTS,19x9 BENTLEY'S, S4 345 MTEC Drilled/grooved Disks -35 on H&R SPRINGS, RS4 REAR ARB RS4 Grille FULL VCDS LED RNS-E DECTANE LED REAR LIGHTS

TO DO:
    NOTHING - Am i finished really ??

6th Gear

Status
    very dependant on the vehicle, a 2009 a4.I have all my interior/exterior as led, and they dont set off the warning light.Bought from ebay at about 2 squid a piece last year (none blown yet).Same bulbs in a b7 cab and an A3 2009 wouldnt work.Best buy a couple of normal leds before shelling out
    Pass me my sock

Want to help cure cancer? http://folding.stanford.edu/English/HomePage

Neutral

Status
    doug i cant find your thread mate

Neutral

Status
    Last edited by old-man; 6th August 2010 at 21:12.

Neutral

Status
    Thanks for that mate they are ideal!!

Getting There

Status
    yes those are the ones i have
    NOW FOR SALE
    LED NUMBER PLATE LIGHTS, HIDS, LED SIDE INDICATORS, LED SIDELIGHTS,19x9 BENTLEY'S, S4 345 MTEC Drilled/grooved Disks -35 on H&R SPRINGS, RS4 REAR ARB RS4 Grille FULL VCDS LED RNS-E DECTANE LED REAR LIGHTS

TO DO:

5th Gear

Status
    Digging up an old thread I know, just wondered if these Dectane's come with screws as the heads of my current plate lights look close to death.
    Nathan

Red Audi A4 B7 S-Line with Leather/Alcantara interior

Current Mods: Painted Brake Calipers, Gear-driven oil shaft assembly, RS4 grille, Debadged, B8 MFSW, Cruise Control, RS4-style Fog Surrounds, Satin Black Cupra R Splitter, RS4 RARB, Clear Corner headlights, 2011 RNS-e, MTEC Drilled and Grooved Brake Discs.

Warmonger

Status
    I think they overturn the screws in the plate light units in the factory...mine were missing when I picked up the car and dealer said very common - they just fall out after the units crack from over tightening
    -----------------------------------------------------
    2009 A4 Cab B7 2.0 TFSI S-Line Special 'Final' Edition
    Phantom Black - Black RS4 Wheels - Black Leather
    RNSE MMI, B/tooth phone, Bose, RS4 pedals, Bi-Xenon, LED number plate lights..

Wants - electric folding mirrors, ambient lighting, puddle lights, rain sensor, auto lights, auto dim rear-view..

Neutral

Status
    hi all..... iv got blue led lights instead of the standard white bulds to light up the number plate aswell my number plate buld comes up on the dash board.... is it werth upgradeing the fuse or down grading it in the fuse box so the light goes out ?...
    MODS so far....RS4 18" , CUSTOM MADE STAINLESS STEEL PERFORMANCE EXHAUST SYSTEM, TINTS(8% back ,back sides 20% front sides 50%), 40MM EIBACH LOWERING PRO SPORTLINE , VACUME VALUES.FRONT BLACK DEBADGED GRILLE......

Getting There

Status
    nope no screws come with the units
    i brought 4 new ones as i knew access was tight - i pretty much mashed the threads getting them out
    NOW FOR SALE

TO DO:

5th Gear

Status
    I've bought some replacement screws as per an old thread on the A3 forum. Buy some M3x20mm A2 cap head screws.

Got to change my bulbs soon as they are starting to blacken. Fingers crossed the LEDs work.
    Nathan

Current Mods: Painted Brake Calipers, Gear-driven oil shaft assembly, RS4 grille, Debadged, B8 MFSW, Cruise Control, RS4-style Fog Surrounds, Satin Black Cupra R Splitter, RS4 RARB, Clear Corner headlights, 2011 RNS-e, MTEC Drilled and Grooved Brake Discs.

Status

My Social Networking

Follow quattrojames On Twitter Add quattrojames on Facebook
    I've just spotted this, and I 'think' B7 number plate lights are the same as the B6 ones - and there's a good thread running HERE.

The bulbs can be bought off ebay for 9 HERE. The screws corrode in (as anyone who's done this will know!) so you might need new len's, and if it's really bad a new surround too! It's all in that thread.
    Ingolstance Read about my A6 HERE.

5th Gear

Status
    Thanks James, I'm pretty sure those bulbs you provided a link for do cause problems in some B7's. I read the thread before I bought mine, it was likely they would cause a bulb-out.

I'll let people know how I get on (fingers crossed).
    Nathan

5th Gear

Status
    Got my LEDs and new screws, the M3x20mm's don't work, too long and the thread on the ones I bought were too close together. However, put one LED in and took the picture below to show the light difference. Didn't put the other one in as that's the one with a dodgy screw:

Nathan

5th Gear

Status
    As I suspected, put the other bulb in and got the fabled bulb error. These ones were purchased from xenons_leds that also claimed to be error free.

Good news though, I managed to find suitable replacements for the Audi screws made of cheese. I purchased these: HPI Z567 TP. BINDER HEAD SCREW M3 x 10mm (10pcs) on eBay (end time 06-Nov-10 22:35:46 GMT)

Work beautifully.

Right, off to PM someone to see if I bother making these bulbs work or send 'em back.
    Nathan

Neutral

Status
    try alibaba, they got them much cheaper, like 5 to 10 dollars USD.
    Audi A4 Cabriolet 1.8T MY06.

Plate number: 88MU88 (New Zealand) Mu is my last name and yes I am a Chinese.

1.8T Sport Cabriolet

Status
    I got these for my car, really good with no error messages
    Ebay item number: 390101769391
    Audi A4 1.8t sport convertible, Full Grey Leather Interior, Ambient Light Pack, Polished Forge FMCL007P Diverter valve, Green Cotton Filter, 100mm Tail pipes, Rear RS4 ARB, Interior Xenon White LED's bulbs, Xenon White LED number plate bulbs and side lights, JBS Auto Designs stage 1 remap, RNS-E and OEM Bluetooth, Remote roof module, OEM Wind Deflector, B7 rear lights, HID lights.

5th Gear

Status
    Others have had problems with them as well.

I've tried some resistors but was very concerned over the amount of heat they generate so I'll just buy normal bulbs and forget about it.
    Nathan