I've been quiet for a while, but I've been busy.......more 'Custom' mods on 'quattro'

Richardesty

loves quattro
Reaction score
Ok so the title is a little bit of a tease.....

I've been busy dealing with a few problems in my personal life - but I've also tried to maintain some momentum in keeping 'quattro' in such a way she doesn't get bored:jump:

Those of you whom know of me won't be surprised the mods are 'custom', and involve LED's, cutting, paint and Carbon film.

Suppose I'd best go and take some photos........:idea:

Yep, you'd better take some photos and stop being a c*ck-tease otherwise I'll be coming round to peel off that carbon film :)

Ok, ok.......

Here's some new photos, I'll leave you to pick stuff out:

Front0.jpg

Front1.jpg

Front2.jpg

REAR-2.jpg

Rich

:sadlike: for the rear rings.....

:thumbsup: for the rest!

Looks very good :yum:

Agreed on the rings James - and am already working on replacements :readit:

I want those back lights!!!

Your car looks great.

Yeah, interested in your rear lights. Seen them on the Internet but wasn't sure. Presumably you've Lamin-xed them?

Where did you buy them from and which item?

Love the rear lights !
How hard was the grill to wrap I am goign to do mine so any pointers would be great !

I'm saving to get my front headlights custom done, not sure about the rears but yours look great. I was going to lamin-x to red but might replace.

I found that Di-Noc more of a chew than I expected. It would have been nice to have three hands so I could hold the hairdryer with one and mould with the other two. Can not make my mind up whether to keep the chrome or di-noc.

Calm down guys - you can both be my padwan's :eyebrows:

Good to see you on here Robbie - and great work on Lau's car so far :o.k:

Hi
I used the 3M Di-Noc for my interior. I covered the silver trim and ashtrays etc. with it, improved the look no end.

While not the easiest to use I started on the long strips before doing the more fiddly stuff, hair drier makes it easier.

Got mine on fleabay from Underground-Graphics, best price I could find and really good delivery time, next day to Guernsey!
Will add a couple of pics if I can work out how.

Buster

Agreed on the rings James - and am already working on replacements :readit:

Rear rings replaced with OEM chrome versions, however the stealer didn't have any 'exact' ones in so I've gone a couple of sized up from original for my car :)

Hope everything is on the up now Rich. :thumbsup:

Car is looking great. Agree with the others re the carbon rear rings, sorry. Then again it is pretty unique, so good on ya!

Love everything else. The C6 RS6 grille looks mighty impressive especailly with that carbon surround. Are they the C6 RS6 option wheels you have now too?

Tail lights, well... I'm sure you're going to be making a lot of B7 owners very jealous with those. I know a few of the B7 RS4 owners are looking at LED tails on RS246, not sure if they're the same as your's but I'm sure they'd be interested.

EDIT: Why don't you you offer this as a serivce to people? You're obviously clued up with this stuff more than most and I'm sure there's many people that would like a set of pre lam x'd and custoim LED'd tail lights, just post your youtube video up everywhere and ask people to drop you a PM if interested. Food for thought?

Respect :rockwoot:

Last edited:
I agree with marc1, you could make some cash although you'll have to test on a few cars first...like mine....for free....

Agree with the others re the carbon rear rings, sorry.

Are they the C6 RS6 option wheels you have now too?

Don't be sorry - the rings have been replace with as such standard chrome rings.......

The wheels - they're Kahn RSV's in 19"

whats the front splitter you have fitted??

The splitter is the good old Seat Leon Cupra R, available from your local dealer for about £22.

Mine's adapted slightly in the mid section to make way for the motorised number plate.......so ignore the 'bit' in the middle!

As for the carbon film it's really easy - providing you use 3M Di-NOC film

How did you prep the trim before applying it ?
Where did you buy it from all I seem to ba able to find is large sheets of the stuff which isnt going to cover the trim I want a roll of tape ?

I cleaned my trim with Meguiars paint cleaner before application, but you can use anything that will in effect strip back silicone/waxes etc. T-Cut would do. What ever you use - make sure it's wiped off thoroughly, and indeed dry behind the lips where you'll be folding the film over.

Bought mine from UInderground Graphics (ebay I think) in a something like a 1200mm x 300mm sheet - then cut it down in strips. This is relatively easy as there are cutting guides on the rear of the sheet.

Rich

Cheers mate I will have a look for them on ebay then and give it a go !

The splitter is the good old Seat Leon Cupra R, available from your local dealer for about £22.

Mine's adapted slightly in the mid section to make way for the motorised number plate.......so ignore the 'bit' in the middle!

its a good neat fit as doubted it was a leon lip!

Hi
I used the 3M Di-Noc for my interior. I covered the silver trim and ashtrays etc. with it, improved the look no end.

While not the easiest to use I started on the long strips before doing the more fiddly stuff, hair drier makes it easier.

Got mine on fleabay from Underground-Graphics, best price I could find and really good delivery time, next day to Guernsey!
Will add a couple of pics if I can work out how.

Buster

DSCN1256.jpg

DSCN1255_2.jpg