AH FabricationsEM Tuning
    Reverse Gear

Status

Daytime Running Lights

Hi there!

I have an Audi A4 TDIe, with halogen daytime running lights, i have changed the main lights to a whiter bulb, but am looking to change the running lights to the blueish colour as the yellow could looks awful!

I cannot find ANYWHERE instructions on how to change the bulbs. I know there are 2 (correct me if im wrong!) in each headlamp, left and right. I have looked and can see a knob, but im not sure what these are for?!

Can anyone please explain the way to change the bulbs, and also if possible a good type of bulb to replace the origional.

Many Thanks,

Russell

2. # ADS
    ADS

1st Gear

Status
    I don't think I can post a link to another forum on here, so I've sent you a PM with an excellent guide to this.

Cheers

Paul

5th Gear

Status
    Any chance of sending me that link aswell please mate?

Thanks.
    Mafia black 2007 A4 S-line 2.0Tdi - RNSE - Bluetooth - MFSW - GSM phone prep - Privacy glass all round - Cupra R splitter - Black Grill, surround and fog surrounds - 12" sub and 1200 watt JBL Amp - AP Coilovers - 19" RS6 Alloys - 6mm f & 15mm r spacers - Carbon wrapped interior - Blue LED dials - Ambient Lighting - Cruise Control - HID's - LED side lights - mapped to 185bhp / 380nm - Twin exit exhaust - RS6 style DRLs

loves quattro

Status
    If you've gor DRL's in the headlamps it's simply a case of removing a near circular panel behind the lamp - which allows you access to swap the bulb.

Here you can either swap it for a PIAA Superwhite 27w bulb that looks 'whiter' or indeed head for some LED bulbs. If you go for the led bulbs you'll need to instal resistors to prevent your canbus system from giving a bulb out warning.....

Here's a good before and after using led bulbs http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Nn5S...eature=related

Reverse Gear

Status
    Hi Paul

Sorry to trouble you but would it be possible to send me a link to this guide that you mention?

Thanks

Kev

Quote Originally Posted by Yellowtrophy View Post
    I don't think I can post a link to another forum on here, so I've sent you a PM with an excellent guide to this.

Cheers

Paul

5th Gear

Status
    Very easy job, should be in the manual I think. Go for mtec bulbs from eBay, there's a thread from me on here which has a link to them, only £9 and no hassle with resistors. Pics are in that thread and also in the a3 thread about drls.
    07 2.0T SLine SE V2 Quattro, Full Milltek with hi-flow sports cat, APR Stage 2+ 280BHP/325lb/ft, APR HPFP, K&N panel, S4 alloys, Spacers, Black Optics, Eibachs, RS4 grill and fogs, Fog tints, RS4 ARB, RS4 Gearstick, LCR splitter, Black Calipers, Drilled discs, Debadged, Colour DIS, Bose, Adaptive Xenons/DRL, Black/Silver Audi Exclusive leather, Audi Carbon inlays, carbon difuser/B pillars, RNS-E+/Bluetooth, Cruise, Int/ext light packs, Rain/light sensors, mudflaps, LED plate/side/boot/interior

Yorkshire & Humber Rep.

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by parcan2009 View Post
    Hi there!

right. I have looked and can see a knob, but im not sure what these are for?
    Many Thanks,

Russell
    hmmm theres plenty of info on the net or ask your dad !