REAR PARKING SYSTEM WITHOUT BUMPER REMOVAL

ming

Reaction score
Car: 2005, A4, B7, S-line saloon.

As title.

1. Does anyone know of a rear parking system that can be fitted without having to remove the bumper?

Drilling holes for sensors isn't an issue, but from what I've been reading in here the bumper certainly is.

2. Parking Dynamics do a system which is incorporated into the rear number plate. However, all pics of their system show them mounted in a bumper recess, not the boot recess, as is the case in the B7. I asked PD if this would be okay and their answer was: "might not recognize low objects". So, to get to the point: Has anyone on here fitted this system?

Last edited:
That's good to hear.
There are many comments as to; clips breaking, extension sockets required, nuts falling into cavities, etc.
Anyway, all of that is irrelevant, as you say, "it's a "piece of piddle". So, seriously, can you tell me how to proceed? Or, is there a "how to" already available.
Thanks.

Not sure of a how too, but let me know your email address and I'll dig out the correct pdf manual to send you. If you're methodical, patient and carefull you can have the bumper off in under 20 mins.

I've sent you a PM. At least I think I have. Being new I'm not too sure, though.

If it fails, can you PM me and, hopefully, I'll be able to reply.

Last edited:
Not sure of a how too, but let me know your email address and I'll dig out the correct pdf manual to send you. If you're methodical, patient and carefull you can have the bumper off in under 20 mins.

Is there any chance you can also send me the manual on how to remove the bumper.
Cheers