Anyone fitted a K&N Air Filter?

hazey7

Reaction score
Any worthwhile difference to power? MPG? Induction Noise?

While I'm at it had anyone had their engine remapped and put it through an Audi service? Did they mention it or even notice it?!

Cheers!!

fitted a cone filter direct to maf on my b5,no loss of mpg,better pick up.probably fit it to my b7.

Any worthwhile difference to power? MPG? Induction Noise?

While I'm at it had anyone had their engine remapped and put it through an Audi service? Did they mention it or even notice it?!

Cheers!!

They will only service what you tell them to service.

If you have a k&n or itg panel filter just tell them not to throw it or change the air filter and they will knock this cost off the overall service cost!

I fitted an ITG panel filter, this does change the induction noise but not by a great deal.
The one thing that was very apparent was the difference in thickness, the ITG filter is half the size.
Unless you are deciding on mapping your car I would stick to the factory filter.

The car is mapped - it actually sounds better than before it was remapped, a bit 'angrier' due to extra air going in? that led me to thinking about a free-flow air filter - maybe that would increase induction noise too? In a good way!!

for me free flow = more sh!t into the engine, the RS4 runs fine on a paper filter, and catches far more crud. I know which one I'll stick with.

Had a K&N pannel filter before (still got it if you're interested PM me, not much use) . No or not noticeable performance gains, but induction noise is increased.