Bluetooth retro fit - Fiscon or Audi OEM - which is best

marballs

Reaction score
Hi,

I cannot make a decision on what to fit on my recenlty purchased Audi A4 sline Avant.
I really need bluetooth in it and it bascially comes down to either
Fiscon or the Audi genuie.

My supplier I have ben speaking with (vwcruise) is adamanet the Audi is the much better option. Howver at least three other suppliers all say the Fiscon is the choice they would make. The Fiscon is cheaper. I have found it at £350 fitted compared to £440.
OTher stores all says Fiscon better because it uses Parrot chipset and is firmware upgradeable and also has music streaming (however needs an external mike and no voice dialing option). They say the Audi is not that comptiable and voice dialling rubbish on Audi.

VW cruise / Hazzy days say the latest Audi OEM kit he would fit would be compatiable with any current device and generally works a lot better. He is the only one can find who says this and I cannot see any vested interest from him to say so. Also the audi version has an integrated mike where as the fiscon is an external one.

Any opinions. Anyone had the Fiscon. Current thinking is Fiscon because of the upgradeability.

Also I will get a Dension 300 fitted at the same time.

agreed, oem unit every day !!! and dont use hazzy dayz if you can help it, hes a rip off merchant !!
get the unit yourself off the bay or even get a price off pjmspeedy, have a go at fitting it yourself, its an easy job, if not theres plenty of people on here that are more than capable.

What about all the people that tell me the Fiscon unit it better as the Audi oem is not as compataible?

Why do you say the Audi is better?

What is it you don't like about Hazzy days? Is it just the price? Should I be worried about the service? There is no way I would fit it myself. It would just take me forever, as I would have to learn all the bits etc. I'm sure it is straight forward, but the time it would take me to acheive it and find a cheap unit. I'm still going to pay£400.
For the Audi wiht him and the Dension ipod unit at the same time I think about £650 to my door fitted with 2 year warranty. Expesnive yes, but £250 to save a lot of hassle well worth it for me.
If you are saying the quality of his work is bad, that is another matter.

What is it you don't like about Hazzy days? Is it just the price? Should I be worried about the service? There is no way I would fit it myself. It would just take me forever, as I would have to learn all the bits etc. I'm sure it is straight forward, but the time it would take me to acheive it and find a cheap unit. I'm still going to pay£400.
For the Audi wiht him and the Dension ipod unit at the same time I think about £650 to my door fitted with 2 year warranty. Expesnive yes, but £250 to save a lot of hassle well worth it for me.
If you are saying the quality of his work is bad, that is another matter.

TBH the audi version is very good anyway mate & you wont go wrong with that at all, give me a shout mate as I can source & install for you & not being funny but trust what Lea says vwcruise steer well clear as he has had reports of ripping of & fitting parts that are simply not compatible.

Buy the OEM Audi bluetooth kit as the quality is great, very stealth. The Fiscon version is similar but the mic is not located in the hide away location. It needs to be stuck somewhere visible. I got my OEM kit from ebay for £230 and its the latest version you can get. Easy to fit as well, just ask a forum member to assist you.

I've never had it where opinons are so different. I just spoke to someone who sells on Ebay. He said functionally the same on both. So on talking more he said that you can never fit the Audi OEM mike internally to a satisfactory level so they externally mount the mike anyway!

So he was saying that If I went for the Audi OEM he would suggest / recommend externally mounting the mike. he also says Fiscon better because of the upgradeability.
What do others say about retro fittign the Audi mike?

I think I'm starting to think the vwcruise fitting the Audi OEM is the way I will go.

My mike is located within the interior light cluster and it works perfectly. Its your choice to let vwcruise fit yours mate. But buying it yourself and either fitting it yourself or letting a forum member fit for you would work out a lot cheaper.

Good points, thanks. What do you think of this:
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=120465826886&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT
although that prices with fitting actually and they sa £350.
Vw cruise is £440. (but I was getting Dension fitted at sam time to total cost I think was about £650 supplied and fittd).

If I could find an OEM at £230 that would be cool. Can't see any there at them moment other then link above.

Also note that I have a 56 plate audi and only have the basic CD player (a 6 cd changer in glove box which I have to take out and sell to fit the dension).

OK thanks. Going back to vwcruise, If I accepted I was happy to pay Gareth £200 (includes VAT which I can claim back) to fit my Audi OEM and Dension kis (as well as providing me the unts with a 2 year warranty) does anyone have any reason why I should be worried about the quality of his work?

For the hassle it would save for me and I get a VAT invoice whcih I can put against company because one can justify fitting a handsfree device as a business expense (As that it what it's for), the £200 for both devices to be fitted and the time it saves might just be worth it.

But NOT if anyone is saying Gareth /VW Cruise does not do a job or has some bad experiance. So far he seems very helpful and where all other suppliers were saying go for Fiscon, has from the start has said Audi OEM is better, as all on this forum seem to say.

So cost aside, anything I should be worried about?

Note when I say both items I mean both the Dension and the Audi bluetooth. As well he will supply the new parts and come to my office to install.

he will make a huge profit on you on the parts ( i doubt very much they will be NEW either )
he will also charge you to come to your office to fit.
he will over charge you for fitting.
if you need any more info NOT to use him than that, please pm me.
i now class myself as a reputable member on here now and have retro fitted a vast amount of various mods to alot of members cars for them, ive never been greedy on fitting charges and ive always helped the member where poss to save money buy the relevant kit.
im sure a few on here will vouch for me , ie itsmeagain is a returning customer, he has been more than happy with my work and would admit ive always gone that little bit further than required to complete a very neat, proffesional and cheap install.
i have had personal experiance with gareth and can again comfirm he is very HAZZY !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
its your choice but you asked for the heads up on him, hes a gready, sly ***** !!!!!!!!!

I just spoke to someone who sells on Ebay. He said functionally the same on both. So on talking more he said that you can never fit the Audi OEM mike internally to a satisfactory level so they externally mount the mike anyway!

So he was saying that If I went for the Audi OEM he would suggest / recommend externally mounting the mike.

What do others say about retro fitting the Audi mike?

Mate, take my advice, ignore what they said, its complete & utter rubbish, I've fitted a number of these systems & always the audi oem mic, they fit 100% perfectly, never had any issues or comebacks & the trim it fits into is made specifically with the slot for the mic, where the hell this ebay guy gets these thoughts from are beyond me, really is fella.

To say they mount that mic externally, has he even seen 1 of these, its rectangular & would look hideous fitted externally anywhere visible, only option for this externally would be to open the unit up & try to fit it somewhere not seen, but whats the point overall as the oem fitment is perfect & has a clear grilled location so clarity should be fine & is as far as I'm concerned.

8L1-862-373A.jpg

Would it be ok to hijack this thread as apposed to starting a new one on this subject .?

Thanks

That would depend on if your subject was related or not, if it isnt involving the said discussion then pointless hijacking mate.

That would depend on if your subject was related or not, if it isnt involving the said discussion then pointless hijacking mate.

It is the same to a point, i'm in the same situation as the op and after reading this i think i would like to go oem instead of fiscon, what i would like to know is where can i get one from for a concert II hu thats if they do one fot this hu .

Itsmeagain, this link you posted
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.d...ht_2829wt_1001
Will it work on a concert II hu , just want to double check before i order.

Please delete if you think i need to start anothert thread .
Thanks

Last edited:
I'm all open to the disucssion and don't mind as seems related. Althoguh alas I can't give you any advice. I know I've deciced on the Audi OEM now. Just not sure who to get to fit it and where to source it from.

NHN would be a good place to start for fitting and sourcing by the sounds of it.

It is the same to a point, i'm in the same situation as the op and after reading this i think i would like to go oem instead of fiscon, what i would like to know is where can i get one from for a concert II hu thats if they do one fot this hu .

Thanks

You wouldnt get as comprehensive usage or display iirc, but it will work also iirc as I usually fit these to rns units cause the interaction is very good indeed, you considered an upgrade ro rns & then a BT fitment?

Hi.

I use a Fiscon kit in my A4, i got a new OEM one, but as my car had a retro fitted rns-e, and i could not get a loom to match the car, and the retro RNS-e, but the Fiscon kit worked.

If i had more time i would have done the OEM kit, but the Fiscon just plugged in with no problems.

I use my car every day, driving all over, sometimes 10hours plus a day, and the kit has never missed a beat, had no complaints of people not hearing me or anything like that.

The only thing that gives me problems is when i have calls waiting sometimes it can take a few seconds to end one call and start the next.

Steve

Itsmeagain, this link you posted
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.d...ht_2829wt_1001
Will it work on a concert II hu , just want to double check before i order.

Thanks

Mines fitted to a RNS-E unit, dunno whether it will work with any others

Thanks for all the advice so far , first things first can someone please cofirm that this is a concert II head unit .

IMAG0009.jpg

NHN- I'm sure i read i would get the phone/call info in the dis with the fiscon but not on the head unit which i'm ok with , the problem is whan i see post's like stevehall it makes me think its easier to go with the fiscon . As for upgrading to the rns i did think about it but with the other upgrades i'm doing i can't justify the £599 but i may look at it agian.

Stevehall -thanks for the info makes me think the fiscon might be the one to go with .

Itsmeagain- Cheers it does say on the advert it will work with the concert hu.

I'm also looking for a dension100 for aux in (don't own and never will anything apple) anyone know of a supplier.

Sorry for all the questions i just need to sort these before a road trip to friends in chamonix next month.

Thanks

Last edited:
Ok after a chat with Ben from shark performance I have sorted the mp3 lead out, can anyone please tell if the oem Bluetooth listed above (eBay link) will work with my head unit if not where can I buy one from. Thanks

can anyone please tell if the oem Bluetooth listed above (eBay link) will work with my head unit
The ad says "8P0 862 335 S - Bluetooth Interface" which will work with any of the Audi OE radios in a B7 - if you have the RNS-E then you don't need an MFSW to control it, but with a Concert, Chorus or Symphony you need an MFSW to control it.

The ad says "8P0 862 335 S - Bluetooth Interface" which will work with any of the Audi OE radios in a B7 - if you have the RNS-E then you don't need an MFSW to control it, but with a Concert, Chorus or Symphony you need an MFSW to control it.

Thanks dave, made anoffer of £190 and the accepted today :) , itmeagain thanks for the link .

Hi Guys,

Can someone post a pic on where they place the mic for the Audi OEM bluetooth kit for an A4 B8? where is the interior light cluster? :) How do you open it up and put it in? Just use fingers?

Anyone know if there is a guide or if anyone has done a retrofit oem audi bluetooth for a A4 B8?

Heres the link where I got mine from, I made an offer and they accepted. Arrived quickly also. Brand new item
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI....e-All-Categories&_fvi=1&_rdc=1#ht_2829wt_1001

Well over the weekend 1wheelonly worked his magic and fitted one of these units to my car , the man knows his stuff and it works perfect so a big thank you to lea. I think lea will back me up in saying if anyone is interested in an oem bluetooth kit this is the one to get and i got it for £190 so a bargin to , i think he also said it was the latest version to ..

Last edited:
your welcome matey, great to meet you, glad your pleased with it, and yes you jammy sod, you got the latest AA unit so you got a bargain.
must agree, oem every day, for the money difference why not, you cant go wrong , theres not enough of a saving either to make you go the non oem route.

ps. you have one of the cleanest cabs ive ever seen !!!!! bring ya polish when we fit your roof module !!!!! lmfao

[QUOTE

ps. you have one of the cleanest cabs ive ever seen !!!!! bring ya polish when we fit your roof module !!!!! lmfao[/QUOTE]

Lol thanks lea , not a problem consider the porter cable packed :)

I wish you hadn't told me about the other mods i can do i can't stop looking, i now see what you mean in the difference between the s-line and se bumper i want the s-line one or a cupra splitter.

Going to start another thread one day with the mods that i've done so far and things i plan to do in the future .

Cheers

I want the flat bottomed steering wheel next then screens in the head rests. The remote roof is great cause you get some funny looks when the roof opens without anyone being in the car. LOL

A bit off topic, just wondering has anyone done this on a B8? Is the mic location the same on the B8? (both fiscon and oem mic)

Hi Guys,

Where do you mount the bluetooth module? Under the seat (carpet)?

I mount them under passenger seat in the A3 8P, cut the foam out to shape of module & then cover the module with some protective wrapping say bubble wrap or foam so it doesnt knock about, I do actually epoxy the unit to the foam insert thats under the seat as the plastic oem casing isnt worth the cost to install it, not had one issue to date.

Last edited:
Hi,

Thanks for the info.

Does the retrofit kit come with some sort of casing? Do you need to remove the passenger seat to install the module or do you just need to push the passenger seat all the way back/forward to access this spot? Is it a big job? I see under my seat there is a plastic cap that can be opened and it had some connectors/cables under there? What are these?

Cheers,
K.

No the casing would be from factory if requested originally.

In the case of the 8P the seat has to be removed & the carpet lifted which requires the side trims removed.

The cap is covering the plugs for the seat, nothing else if we're talking about the same thing.

Depends on what you call a big job, if you're not to happy to do yourself, then PM me as I install these systems.

Hi NHN,

Thanks for the info. I'm actually in Australia, I have someone willing to do it but they haven't install the oem unit BT before and not even sure if they need to remove the seat. I have a A4 B8. Do you need to remove the seat for this car? I will skip the oem BT unit if it's too big a job, i.e. more than 4 hours work, as the install cost will blow out. I will just get the FISCON in this case...

Cheers,
K.