Volks AutosSky Insurance
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By P_G

Thread: RS3 Stage I Remap

P_G
    2nd Gear

Status

RS3 Stage I Remap

Is it possible to have some info. on the Stage I ,map fopr the Euro spec RS3 and what gains there are as the information on apr.co.uk and .com appear to be based on a US spec car with 360ps baseline rather than a Euro spec with 340ps? Have you demonstrable experience of getting the same 414bhp and 583NM gains on UK cars? Are you now doing SPS switching and what discounts if any were to be had to the RS3 boys if a GB can be organised with you.

One last query, where is your nearest approved retiler with a dyno to Newcastle Upon Tyne. I heard SEDOX may be talking to you about a franchise but is that going to come off of are we wall best all making our way to APR UK HQ?
    Kelza likes this.

2. # ADS
    ADS

Neutral

Status
    Hello P_G Thank you for considering APR for your RS3 Remap needs.

You are correct; the website provides an average of measurements that we've seen across the board on US spec cars. However, this same delta can be applied as a minimum gain for UK/EU spec 2.5T's. Quoting what I've seen from our Maha here in the UK, these vehicles show 340bhp standard and up to 405bhp/448tq with our stage 1 software. Of course results vary depending on dyno type and conditions.

We have not released program switching thus far, but our software engineers are working on it currently and it will be available as a FOC upgrade for all UK customers when it is released.

Automotive Solutions is your local Authorised APR Agent and I'm happy to recommend Richard Martin's services to you or anybody in the area considering APR modifications. Kindly find his contact details below.

Automotive Solutions
    Address: Unit 6 Front St industrial estate Shotton Colliery DH62ND United Kingdom
    Phone: 07957661009

Let me know if I can be of further assistance
    Last edited by Evan@APR; 22nd April 2013 at 17:47.
    APR UK
    www.goapr.co.uk | facebook | elight@goapr.com | 0845 680 3527

“The bitterness of poor quality remains long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten”

P_G
    2nd Gear

Status
    Evan,

Thanks for the reply A few more technical questions if I may;

Do all of your agents / franchises have the equipment to convert the latest ECU's from OBD II locked to flash available and if so does the program you instal mimic the ECU being locked to anyone bar an APR tuner or leave it open for all to see / detect?

Is your map a learning program, i.e. can it account for say performance filters or secondary cat bypass / increase exhaust gas flow and adjust table contents to maximise these additions or can it be altered by the franchise during instal to take into consideration such modifications or is it a generic program only designed to run on a stock application?

What Audi dealer overwrite warranty do you provide if any? Is there an map attributable damage warranty?

You mentioned about switching technology coming soon, when do you anticipate this being?

And lastly do APR also offer an s-tronic map?

Thank you.

Neutral

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by P_G View Post
    Evan,

Thanks for the reply A few more technical questions if I may;

Do all of your agents / franchises have the equipment to convert the latest ECU's from OBD II locked to flash available and if so does the program you instal mimic the ECU being locked to anyone bar an APR tuner or leave it open for all to see / detect?

Is your map a learning program, i.e. can it account for say performance filters or secondary cat bypass / increase exhaust gas flow and adjust table contents to maximise these additions or can it be altered by the franchise during instal to take into consideration such modifications or is it a generic program only designed to run on a stock application?

What Audi dealer overwrite warranty do you provide if any? Is there an map attributable damage warranty?

You mentioned about switching technology coming soon, when do you anticipate this being?

And lastly do APR also offer an s-tronic map?

Thank you.
    All APR Agents have the tools necessary to flash the newest ECUs in our catalogue, including the ME9 Tuning protected ECU found on most 2.5T vehicles. With the tooling required for this method of flashing, the software is detectable and should overwritable.

Regarding bolt-on modifications, these ECUs are smart. Upgrading your induction or intercooler will be automatically accounted for by the MAP and intake air temp sensor so no special recalibration is needed there. A sports cat or decat exhaust requires a calibration change, which we have already developed and have running throughout the world. Your tuner would simply have to choose that file when flashing.

If an Audi dealership overwrites our software at any time, you can return to your original APR agent and have the software reapplied foc. This process however requires r&r time for the shop so they may charge a small labour fee for this time, but that's not mandatory.

Not sure. New tech doesn't have dates unfortunately, could be a week, could be a few months. All I know is they're working on it every day and I apologise I can't give a better estimate.

We have a remap that works perfectly on S-tronic cars, but we do not have transmission software.
    APR UK
    www.goapr.co.uk | facebook | elight@goapr.com | 0845 680 3527

“The bitterness of poor quality remains long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten”

P_G
    2nd Gear

Status
    Thanks again Evan, noticed you diplomatically managed to avoid answering the question on a GB for RS3 owners though.....