hot country = s3 aircon worry

Lex696

Reaction score
having read (and moreover entered the) aircon problems section, I am extremely worried about my pending purchase.

i live in cyprus where 30C is the avg temp most of the year round, so AC problems is not what I want when paying +40,000 euro for my S3

is it really that bad or is it something Audi have addressed of late? not cold, faulty compressors, smells, fan problems - what on earth?

someone care to ease my worries or is this a genuine thing i need to consider??

Air con problems are no more of a worry with Audi than any other make so no worries there. Most people with problems have older cars. mine is now 6 and has had no problems. what you should be aware of though is the A3/S3 air con is pretty poor overall and i doubt it will cope with 30c if its like the UK version. Try one in the show room on a hot day would be my advice. They never blow really cold like an A4 system.

oh dear,

its funny how each market has its factors. i'll check some other a3's which i am sure will represent

i had a 1 series with no probs at all (icey cold cabin), mercedes was gash - either not cold enough or a targeted jet of mortal kombat subzero style special move down your throat. we have a 2007 imported suzuki swift which struggles, but just about makes it with its climate control, so i am sure the s3 cant be any worse.

I wouldn't be concerned to be honest. This is a very busy forum and the air con sub-forum gets very little attention. Of course some questions will be asked in the model specific forums but they're still not very common.