Compressor not kicking in?

88A4v6

Reaction score
My air-con has stopped working, not sure when the last time I tried it was! Had it regassed and the guy said the compressor wasn't kicking in when it should be.
I noticed while looking round the car that there is a 2 (i think) core wire which has come out of it's clip and runs across the bottom of the front bumper, which has worn through completely. Is there any chance this is the source of my problem? The car just passed the MoT and has no other problems, so I wonder what it's for? Car is a 98 A4 2.4 V6 saloon.

Cheers,
88A4V6

Oh - I should add, the regassing guy said there was plenty in there, but still vacuumed it and regassed it just in case. So no leaks.

It could well be the connector for the condensor fans. I'd take a photo and post it in the A4 section if I were you mate.

Could be - I've temporarily spliced it (turned out to be 4 core) together and the car is now running on "low" in the driveway, condensor fan buzzing away - but I don't know if it was buzzing before! Going to give it ten minutes to cool the condensor down, as I'm sure a 15 mile crawl home with the AC on low but the connection broken will have heated things up a bit!

Seems it was the condensor fan connections after all - it's now blowing cold! Not quite as cold as I'd like, but I'll take it down to matey boy tomorrow and have him check the gas levels again, in case he put in too little due to the high temps in the condensor (s)!