Blasted Aircon

Broken Byzan

Photographic Moderator
Staff member
VCDS Map User
Reaction score
Ok, i had a faulty aricon compressor (Siezed), so had to drain the system and change the compressor. I did it straight away to avoid damge to the dryer. I also put a blast of one of those top up cans in to ensure it had some lube in the pipes to prevent any damage.

I took it to get it refiled, they drained and refilled to the prescribed amount, no leaks, rad fan working, clutch kicking in and out with the econ switch, but no aircon.

There are no codes on the Hvac unit and it is coded correctly. One of the alloy pipes by the firewall is slightly warmer that the other but thats it. It all seems to say its working, but it obviously isnt.

Anyone offer any help?

No since you had it filled. If there's a problem somewhere it can be highlighted by runing it for a long time. For example one of the pressure cut outs could go.

Ah, no i have run ot for about a hundred mile s maybe, on and off, and tried checking codes and that a few times to no avail. I can feel the load on the system when its active, so the pump is doing something

What you think, run it for a while to see if it trips? There is a combined high / low pressure switch on these isnt there?

Yeah it's worth a try mate. Don't know if they're combined. The rigs I learned on they were in different parts of the system. The LPCO is on the low pressure side and the HPCO on the high side. Which make sense!!

If one does trip it should leave a DTC so you can at last see more on the symptoms.