No cooling Effect on 2.5 v6 Tdi

Mackers

Reaction score
having recently bought the above car, i don't know the history of the AC servicing
altho EVERY single service has been an AUDI agent and in accordance with the
schedule, all i've had a read through and coulndn't seem to find a definate answer.

the ECON light goes off and on when pressed,
i have no access to a vagcom, and refuse to goto the STEALERS for a DIAG CHECK

I don't get cold air (60'F) or anywhere near, like i use to in previous car, i have a
temp probe in the vent constantly so i can monitor the AC, i use to work for halfords
and they did an aircon Recharge kit for somethine like £30m with a gressure guage
on the "recharge pipe", i had the AC running the other day and it was reading very little
pressure and the air in the car was ever so SLIGHTLY cooler yesterday ( it was 26' in north wales)
any ideas what it may be... i'll be checking the fan in the next hour or so and shall report back,

the fan comes on but can not hear anything clicking when i turn the ECON button on. any one have any idea's why?
many thanks
wayne

to ruther update, i by passed the ECON (switch under the bonnet) and got the clutch to work,
seems that there is no power going to the AC compressor, i bypassed it and the central "hub" was spinning with the pulley,
any idea's what RELAY is connected to the AC system, so i can check it works, or get a replacement.
Wayne.

another update, found a mate who had a vagcom (lives 100miles away tho), no errors.... does that mean it's jus out of gas??