Air Con Leak

fergysteven

Reaction score
Hi everyone had a little problem with my aircon last october which resulted in the compressor being changed, everything worked ok after that.
Now when i go to use the aircon it doesnt get cold the compressor turns on and off ok just no cold air.
On further investigation and after taking the plastic black caps off the pipes it reveals what look to be two valves similar to tyre valves anyway when the aircon is running i can see something bubbling inside the valves as if the gas is leaking out.
Is there anyway to tighten the valves up or is that it they need replacing and can you replace them or do you have to replace the pipes also.

By the way its a Audi A4 2.0tdi Sline avant 2005

Thanks fergysteven

They are, pretty much, schraeder(tyre) valves. Generally speaking, the valves can be replaced independently, not 100% sure on the B6/B7 though.

i wouldn't run the ac untl the system is sorted, as you could seize the compressor if it runs dry.

Thanks Rconn im getting it checked out today hopefully the problem will be resolved

fergysteven

Yeah as RConn say stop using the Air Con. Press the Econ button to disable it (if you didn't know already).