1/2 air conditioning

pwharris

Reaction score
I have an Audi A4, 2003, 1.8-T. The air conditioner works on the driver's side. The air is coldest from the fan that blows on the front windshield. However, no cold air comes out on the passenger's side of the car. The fans blow, but absolutely no cold air comes out on that 1/2 of the car.
What is causing this? How do I fix it?

It's most likely the actuator which controls the source of air (hot or cold) to that side. You should have it looked at with VCDS (see the map linked in my sig to find someone in your area) to confirm it.

I tested the heating system. I can only get the two sides to work together when they are at 85 or on "HI." Otherwise, they just circulate air. When I put both sides down to 80, the driver's side blows cool air.

could this still be the actuator?

I have this problem now when my blowers are on the passenger side stays ob hot no matter what I set the temp at. What could this be

Yeah...I have a related issue.
When I am in auto mode and the temp is set to a cooler mode, after a bit of driving, the air from the outter windows starts blowing extremely hot, but the vents in the center of the car remain cool.
Are there multiple actuators, or is there just one that is not working properly?

I there are a few yes mate. Sounds like actuators are the problem