Hi........

rt82488

Reaction score
Hi everyone, I was directed towards this website after speaking to some of my friends who are members of forums for their own vehicles. I was just posting to say hello and also to see if anybody has any idea why my beloved S8 has started smoking, smells like oil, from under the right hand side tyre!..I haven't taken the car to the garage yet as I always feel as though they take advantage of my non existant knowledge of cars!! I hope that someone can help with this query. Just to note though...I haven't lost any of the power and it is due for a service next month so I hope that it has something to do with the filters? Anyway..Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Ruky

Hi, thanks for the reply. The smell is pretty strong but there doesn't seem to be any leak or oil on the ground. I'll check properly tomorrow in the daylight though....Thanks again.

Ruky

Have you had look around engine bay to see if there is any oil leaking around the cylinder head or rocker cover ,if the smell is quite strong that usually means the oil is hitting the exhaust or something very hot to make it burn,if you smell it more on right hand side check power steering as well might be leaking,check all fluid levels as well ,If Oil filter is leaking you would notice oil under car when parked

Good Luck

Hi there Ruky, if you get no joy here, try www.tyresmoke.net

There's loads of useful A8/S8 info over there, and a hell of a lot of knowledge. Unfortunately, this forum tends to be a bit quiet for our motors