Can't get rid of ABS/brake pad warning light...

theboxtv

Reaction score
Hey hope you can help.
I've got a 98 A8 Auto 3.7 and have a recurring problem. The ABS sensor keeps coming on and the disc pad sensor. The pads are new and I've replaced the offside ABS sensor (which which the mechanic told me was giving the fault). Anyone one know what this could be and the best way of fixing it??? Constant beeping and warning light is v.annoying.

Thx

Hi, Try audipages website. They have a good section on your models brake sensor set up.

131 views and 1 vague reply, not much help so far then !

I have a similar random lighting up of brakes (exclamation mark) in central top LCD warning light box complemented by an actual ABS warning light in the speedo coming on. The only evidence I have that there is actually a problem (rather than Alfa style random electrics) is the tyres squealing under heavy braking - suggests ABS has actually switched off.

Best lead I have so far is from VaulterTim. From what I can pick up from the thread he seems to imply that if you have checked out all the wires and sensors, then there are suspect wires in the ABS unit which can be re-worked. It's not clear whether they suffer from corrosion or why they are suspect.

Any advances from the experts ...

Hhhhmmm... just spent another few hours reading threads on ABS.

Seems theres far more to it than than you initially suspect (suprise, suprise). So ...

basic inspection of all electrical connectors and mechanical parts is the start point !