Sky InsuranceMonster Motorsport
    Neutral

Status

Popping Speaker!

Hi,

I appear to have developed a popping in my subwoofer I think on really low punchy tunes.. I think its the sub could be one of the others, not sure..

Anyway basically I want to get to the speakers to see if any of them are damaged.. but low and behold no screws to be found.. anyne give me any clues how I get to the speakers on my A8. Has the bose system .

Thanks

2. # ADS
    ADS

Neutral

Status
    The subs are held under the rear parcel shelf, and can be accessed via the boot. You'll spot two plastic surrounds that fully enclose them

A8OC - The Potential Members Map
    Here now.......The A8 Owners Club here

Neutral

Status
    Have got a little further with this, had the speaker checked out and it doesnt seem to be torn or broken, however the audio guys that looked at it cant tell if the popping is happening cos the speaker isnt up to it (although it pops at low volume as well as high) or its somehow the amplifier that has an issue.
    Does anyone know a good way I could test this?

Also i didnt realise that this systemis a 2ohm system, the company i took it to are recommending to disconnect the sub in the shelf and put in a seperate bass speaker and amp.

they suggested an infinity basslink T as I dont want my boot space being taken up, but im not so sure. Someone is selling a brand new amp on ebay for 89.99 and I dont know whether to get that and try it or what. apparantly the bose system sub is a 9" unit which seems a really odd size to me.

does anyone know what the rear sub should take? and how powerful the amp that drivrs them is?

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks