A8 Bluetooth Query

claytow

Reaction score
Website
www.blukuk.com
Hi,

Quick question if I may. I have a 2004 A8 4.0 TDI, and was wondering if theres any way I can use my normal phone to connect to the bluetooth on the car? or do I have to buy one of the Audi phones to fit in the cradle?

If I can what do I need to make sure is there to do this? and can anyone tell me what sort of MMI console my car has, is it a 4E? or is that for later cars?

any help appreciated.

Thanks

As long as you don't have the Motorola phone under the armrest then yes you can use bluetooth to connect your phone. You may wish to check your MMI version as early software was a little flakey onthe bluetooth modules. an MMI update should fix this.

Press CAR and then VERSION to get your MMI software level.

The model of car you have is 4E (A8 2003 to 2010) the MMI is MMI high which all A8's have.

Thanks for that craig, my SW is D3-HU 6300 07.7.0.0406
HW is D3-HU 6343D2.0
Does that mean anything? how do I do an MMI upgrade? or is that something that Audi have to do?
And can you give me any clues the process I need to follow to get my own phone paired with the MMI.. im not sure even if there is a bluetooth module present on it..

Thanks

It is something you can do yourself if you buy the update disks or download them, but beware that sometimes modules (especially phone modules) can be corrupted uring updates. It doesn't happen very often, but is a ****** when it does. ALso the Amp could go into component protection mode when it has very early software, I have had 3 or 4 do this. A dealer visit is required to clear this issue.

When completed you will need VAG COM to clear errors and reprogram certain aspects of the car to get the instrument cluster back in the car systems and battery meter etc.