S8 Towbar where and whats good?

badger5

www.badger5.co.uk
Site Sponsor
Reaction score
Website
www.badger5.co.uk
Hello
I am looking to get a towbar on my S8 (1998 model) so I can tow my Seat Ibiza sprint car about.. Ideally looking for a demountable one.
Whats good and whats available...

audi price was... well, erm, plain scarey (£650+vat)

Worryingly A8 model is'nt listed on the obvious makes.

Heard of a make called Brinks? Not listing A8 tho and excludes Quattro other Audi models..

anyone able to help advise to direct?
many thanks chaps
regards
bill

Audi Doncaster have just quoted me £1478 to have a removeabke towbar with twin electric fitted, how ridiculous is that, can anyone advise me I can a towbar fitted at a reasonable price?

tim.bourke@honeywell.com said:
Audi Doncaster have just quoted me £1478 to have a removeabke towbar with twin electric fitted, how ridiculous is that, can anyone advise me I can a towbar fitted at a reasonable price?
Topfit Towbars fitted mine (which I got from Germany( and said they could have got the same for mine in the UK..

they're on 07717 438622

regards
bill

I'm sure lots of cheapo outfits would happily fit a generic towbar, but as its an ally body the chances are the first time you towed anything you'd end up with no boot floor. Or a couple of years down the line the thing will just fall off when the fasteners corrode away.

One of the drawbacks of the A8 - you have to be very careful with parts fitment where bodywrok is concerned. I hate to say it, but the only way to be sure is to fit the genuine Audi article at a dealer that knows what they are doing.