A8 4.0 TDI Keyless Entry

claytow

Reaction score
Website
www.blukuk.com
Right,

Sorry for flooding the forum, but new car new things... ya know :)

Anyway having a wierd problem with the keyless entry system on my car, as far as I can ascertain, you can open and close the car with the key fob like a normal car, or you can walk up to it and it opens and when you leave the car you can press the button on the top of the handle and that should close it.

However on my car it doesnt seem to do it all the time. sometimes it does and sometimes it doesnt so you have to use the key, in no pattern that I can see. I was wondering, are there any criteria that have to be fulfilled to make this system work? i.e. does it have to be in park with the handbrake on? or do you have to use the keyless start to be able to use the keyless entry, and if you use the key that cancels it? the keyless start works all the time no problems, just the keyless entry and locking that seems to be intermittant. And you have to get right next to the car when it does work for it to open, like a foot away or closer, is this normal?

Any help or comments appreciated.

Thanks

Have you checked the battery in the key fob?
One of my locking buttons on the rear door sometimes doesn't work, just an intermittent fault.

Edited to add: Think the car and the key fob have to "talk" to each other for the system to work.

Yeah , have just replaced both batteries as to start with the car kept saying couldnt find key for the keyless start.. strange.. will ask Audi when I next go but cant see any reason thats the worst part.. thanks for the reply though

Could be water ingress into the receiver for that door. Nightmare to change.