Can someone tell me ride height on S8 D2

nbowles

Reaction score
:think:
The saga of my S8 continues, after a quick visit for new brakes all round we found one of the H&R rear springs had snapped!

Couldn't persuade them to supply a new pair (they did kindly offer me a full kit for £1500)

So, £50 later from ebay I have a pair of S8 rear springs and rubber mounts. This will lift the rear to a more sensible level, but will still ride lower than normal due to the LPG tank.

What I need is the standard measurments for ride height so I can adjust the H&R fronts to suit.

All help much appreciated.

Nige

rear spring on and looking good.

strangely enough they are a more controlled ride and slightly more comfortable.

Can some one run a tape measure over their D2 model and give me the distance from floor to wheel arch or top of centre cap to wheel arch bach and front.

Much appreciated.

I've got a 2002 A8 Quattro Sport on original 18" alloys. It stands approx. 690mm at the front (ground to wheel arch) and 670mm at the rear. Hope this helps - Jim

:think:

Thanks to Jim (IceBlue), even with a full lpg tank and half full petrol it only sits 2-3mm low on the rear.

Will order standard front end and get some comfort back.

Anybody want the old stuff from the front, H&R coil overs, they need a damn good clean but have only done about 20000. Should be available mid Jan, I will probably get fresh shock on the rear aswell.

Nige
ME19 area