Sky InsuranceEM Tuning
    Reverse Gear

Status

Post Can someone tell me ride height on S8 D2

The saga of my S8 continues, after a quick visit for new brakes all round we found one of the H&R rear springs had snapped!

Couldn't persuade them to supply a new pair (they did kindly offer me a full kit for 1500)

So, 50 later from ebay I have a pair of S8 rear springs and rubber mounts. This will lift the rear to a more sensible level, but will still ride lower than normal due to the LPG tank.

What I need is the standard measurments for ride height so I can adjust the H&R fronts to suit.

All help much appreciated.

Nige

2. # ADS
    ADS

Reverse Gear

Status

update ...

rear spring on and looking good.

strangely enough they are a more controlled ride and slightly more comfortable.

Can some one run a tape measure over their D2 model and give me the distance from floor to wheel arch or top of centre cap to wheel arch bach and front.

Much appreciated.

s-b-james

Status
    I've got a 2002 A8 Quattro Sport on original 18" alloys. It stands approx. 690mm at the front (ground to wheel arch) and 670mm at the rear. Hope this helps - Jim
    Got one at last!

Reverse Gear

Status

Arrow update ...

Thanks to Jim (IceBlue), even with a full lpg tank and half full petrol it only sits 2-3mm low on the rear.

Will order standard front end and get some comfort back.

Anybody want the old stuff from the front, H&R coil overs, they need a damn good clean but have only done about 20000. Should be available mid Jan, I will probably get fresh shock on the rear aswell.

Nige
    ME19 area