A8 - UK 1997 model - Question..

EezerGeez

Reaction score
Hi,
I'm new to this forum and, it has to be said, fairly new to Audi.
I currently own a BMW and am looking towards an Audi A8 of about 1997.
I wanted to know if anyone [on here] had a data/spec sheet detailing the standard and optional features available on the 2.8, 3.7 and 4.2 models.
Basically, I'd like to know what extras I can/can't expect and what is worth paying a bit more for [i.e BOSE system]
Thanks very much.

EezerGeez...

Hi EezerGeez

You have picked an impossible post mate. The options list on these cars is fooking ridiculous/amazing. You can have: Ski bag (think long sock the opening in the boot on the back of the rear seat that would unroll through the rear seat armrest into the cabin). Great for the trip to B & Q.
Pre-heaters to warm the interior and coolant before you get in on cold mornings.
Solar roof panel so if you park in the sunshine on hot day the car's cabin fans blow cool air in the car off the solar panel not he batt. Not sure if the key has to be in the ignition (if you parked but remained in the car).

There are so many essential things on the cars (e.g. the above).

I went for a 3.7ltr cause the 2.8's (early ones) are slow 0-60mph. Should have got the 4.2 as the 3.7 aint too hot. Make sure you get a 4wd if you do get a 3.7 or bigger as being fwd pulling out of side roads with lock on quickly will have the traction control going mental when you need power.

The 'Sport' models have the most fantastic Recaro seats. Everything is electric and the memory can be programed for up to 4 keys. Each key will stort s/wheel/door mirrors/ seat belt hight and seat positions. Plus rock hard suspension. Too hard for city of london/hard everywhere else. Dont make any sense until you come down a motorway slip road or throw the car down a smooooth country lane.

Get a 4.2, 4wd and the 300bhp will be v usefull thank you! Mine hasn't been particuly reliable, but then an the gubbins fitted to these cars means that there is more to go wrong! The diff betwix the 3.7 with regards the fuel saving aint worth it in my book.... Well, from the 3.7ltr side of the fence any way!

Oh, and the headlights can be switched from left hand drive to right hand drive at the flick of a leaver (well 2 actually, 1 on the back of each lamp). if you fancy a trip abroad.

If your BMW's are from the luxury (7 series) sector all his may be the norm (never had a beemer).

Get rid of the bmw now and get a life (just teasing).

Good luck,

Sneaky /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif

[ QUOTE ]
EezerGeez said:
Thanks so much for your reply Georgie.
This forum seems a little "slower" than others I frequent.

[/ QUOTE ]

It all happens on www.tyresmoke.net /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/dancing.gif

See you there,

Sneaky