VAG-COM

HJW12

Reaction score
New to Forum so I am not sure if these questions have been posted before!

Audi A8 W12, MY 2006

I would like to know if I can use VAG-COM to:

Reset the pasword on my advanced key. The previous owner had 2 programmed and I do not know the password.

I can not get the CD title to show in MMI, although the cd title display is swithced to 'ON'

How do I program my 2nd Key to remember the seat position of another person driving?

When are audi bringing out the AMI ( Audi Music Interface) as an optional extra, to be fitted to cars without that Factory fitted option

Apreciate your replies

rgds.

HJW12

1. Cannot reset the key password easily with vag-com, dealer job only.
2. Not sure about the CD title
3. Instructions are in the manual for programming the seat positions to the key
4. It'll still be a while bringing out the AMI. There are companies out there which will retro fit these in though. And I'm pretty sure that Chris on the forum will sort it out.

2. I can not get the CD title to show in MMI, although the cd title display is swithced to 'ON'

The CD must be written with CD text to show on the display, it does work as I have album names and tracks names displayed from standard CDR's that I have written.

4. When are audi bringing out the AMI ( Audi Music Interface) as an optional extra, to be fitted to cars without that Factory fitted option

Audi are not bringing out the AMI as a retrofit in the UK, several reasons for this, one being that the AMI requires an MMI version of 3460 to work and that means time consuming upgrades which Audi dealers will not perform. They fit the Dension gateway 500 as this does not require an update and works with colour and mono screens. I supply and install the AMI for my customers and update the MMI software at the same time to support it.