AH FabricationsMonster Motorsport

Thread: A8 Disc Mileage

Reverse Gear

Status

A8 Disc Mileage

I have a 2003 A8 that has done 28000 miles and my main dealer has replaced the discs (on the approval of the Mrs) and said that they recommend replacing them after 30,000 miles ...because it is a heavy car..

I ran an XJR for 60,000 miles from new and did not replace the discs.

I had a 911 turbo that I ran for 30,000 miles and did not replace the discs.

Does anyone know how long a set of discs is supposed to last. Seems funny they needed replacement on the first service after it came out of warranty.

2. # ADS
    ADS

Neutral

Status
    The OE stuff is rubbish. Some folk have moved to EBC. One chap in the know uses EBC Red Stuff with there plain discs. I have www.blackdiamondperformance.com drilled and grooved in mine.

1st Gear

Status
    Ive used blackdiamond (grooved but not drilled) before - heavier than standard but very very good performers and lasted aaaaaages - used the BD pads with them too.

I did 60k in my last audi from new - when I parted with it, it still had the original discs, and was on a replacement set of pads. (replaced about 40k) . only an A4 mind, but then the 8 has bigger discs that should last appropriately anyway..

Neutral

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Bascule
    only an A4 mind, but then the 8 has bigger discs that should last appropriately anyway..

Nah! The 8's muller discs in no time at all! They warp real fast if you're not careful. Botang sums it up well here:

http://www.tyresmoke.net/ubbthreads/...page/0#1008264