CD player

axelfols

Reaction score
Hello (again). The cd player on my 98 a8 sport makes a loud beeping noise a few minutes after switching on. Its driving me nuts. What do the beeps mean??.
Thanks in advance.

does it actually work afterwards ? or not ?

It will only work if you turn power switch off then back on again. This will last for maybe 5 mins and then the ****** (sorry) beeping goes off. I'm sure its some kind of warning but i don't know what for.

not sure what the beeps mean, is this a single slot cd player, or a changer in the boot/dash ?

Its a changer in the boot. But this beeping noise still happens whilst listening to radio???
Confused!!

very strange, actually disconnect the CD player and see if it does it then.
If it still does, i dont think its the changer.
It the beeps go away, take discs out of the cartridge, and try again.
Then load like 1 CD at a time and see what happens

axelfols said:
Hello (again). The cd player on my 98 a8 sport makes a loud beeping noise a few minutes after switching on. Its driving me nuts. What do the beeps mean??.
Thanks in advance.

Is it coming through the speakers?

Yes george, its coming through the speakers. Determined to get to the bottom of this!!!!

the exact same thing is happeing on my girlfrield 00 VW. loud beep, scares the sh*t out of you, then you have to switch the radio off and on again. have noticed that it is happening more frequently lately and the radio doe not always work when you switch it back on again

found source of problem. its to do with the traffic info on th radio. if you've set it to receive traffic updates and the signal is weak it'll beep to warn you that your not gonna get the info. It helps if you atually bother to read the radio manual!!! DOH!!! Thanks to olly, georgie and cath.

rofl, glad to hear you got in sorted anyways !