merlin purple colour

tickover

Reaction score
someone told me that merlin purple is a cost option at about 1500 quid, is that true?
i showed a bunch of friends (a mix of male and female) a pic of an S8 in that colour and all agreed i shouldnt consider driving any audi of that colour. The consenus was that i would either taken for a man who lives off immoral earnngs or a homosexual. its not my intention to malign anyone who has chosen this particular colour, but i thought it would make an interesting discusion point.
What do u think?

Someone told me I was a drug dealer the other day and mine's green /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/shocked.gif

If you like it just get it. Screw what everyone else thinks /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

When I bought mine I looked at all the available cars and played with the dealers a bit. I didn't buy the car with my absolute favourite colour in the end. I went for the one with the toys on and the overall condition (still liked the colour, just not my favourite)

You should get a lot of car for relatively good money at the moment. Big cars seem to be out of fashion at the moment and the S8 is definatley an unknown quantity for most people.

Paul

mmmh a drug dealer in a green one! he he. so what was your original preferred colour then paul, jst out of interest. at the mo im thinking black or silver or maybe a dark blue. ive seen a grey one on the web with grey interior, not sure if that works together. Havent seen it in the metal tho, which i suppose i should to judge properly. Cant decide if i like the metallic grey or not yet.

My absolute favourite is the dark blue. I think it sets off the chrome surrounds superbly.

Black would be nice but I don't know I would buy that colour if doing lots of motorway miles. The paintwork seems good on the S8 (much better than my scoob!) but at the end of the day they still chip and you can see it a mile off with a black car (or dark blue I suppose)

I would make a list of the stuff you want in order... ie mileage / bodywork / interior / toys / wheels etc etc.

From my research there were a lot of very different cars out there. If you must have solar sunroof / with 20" wheels at 30k you may have to change your colour choice or wait till you find your exact match.

Interiors seem to affect value as well. I have beige which is beautiful, but does mark fairly easily. I'll just have to kep it clean !

Good Luck

Paul /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

yeah i like both black and the dark blue, i like the silver too, even tho there a lot of em about of that colour relativley speaking, tho i have to say that since the A8 is a fairly rare car on the road anyway, it doesnt bother me too much. there is a dark grey ive seen too i think its called dolphin grey that doesnt look too bad either. Have seen an s8 for sale recently in Nogaro blue. what do u think guys? its quite vivid, but definitley distinctive. not sure if too much on a big car tho.

Hmm, dunno if it would be good. Could be if you style an S8 in a rather agressive way, 19" or 20" wheels, bring it down a bit...

I like the dark colors better though. Black pearl or dolphin. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif

i saw a pic of an A8 today in a dark blue, i think it was called 'petrol', but not sure, but i was really impressed, it looked very good. so i agree with medders comment.

In actual fact the colour you all refer to is "Ming Blue" or "Indigo Blue" either way It's up to the individual that's partin' with the kudos!! If you really like the colour then go for it! sod what everyone else thinks, just admire the car once it's had a good coating of polish and you can see the depth of shine on the bodywork. Sit back and enjoy what ever colour you choose, afterall it's your choice and so long as your happy with it, then sod what everone else thinks!

On that topic, I've been looking for a colour called Twighliht Violet, a pearlescent purple, I couldn't care what others think, it takes a cracking shine, looks the part, so who cares! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/fuck_you.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

Regards
Dave M