D4 shift paddles

Velour

Reaction score
Hi all,

Mines a D4 4.2tdi, 2010 model. I took it into the dealer recently to ask if there was any new gearbox software as I felt the box was struggling to make a decision at times (including some real transmission shunts).

They said yes and installed the latest update, and this has made things better. BUT, now the shift paddles do not work unless I press the steering wheel button to activate manual mode. Previously, from drive I just pulled a paddle and the box would shift, now I have to press the button then pull the paddle.

Apparently this is deliberate and is a feature of the gearbox update. Does anyone else have paddles that do nothing unless you press the steering wheel button to activate manual mode?

Cheers

Ive a 2012 4.2 tdi, mine works great just with the paddle , as it came new, afaik.

I had the same update on my 4.2Tdi D4 just before I traded it in. Paddles still worked fine. Drop it back to the dealer and get them to re-flash the update. Something screwy going on.

asked at my dealer if there was a flash upgrade
was told there was not
2010 a8 4.2 tdi

yes mate thats the one
was told by wakefiled audi that there is no flash update for the gearbox

Not OV10 UBA is it? If so, it's had a flash upgrade on the gearbox software already by Bath Audi...

Nevertheless, someone is telling porkies to one of us. As I bought my S8 from Wakefield, well, I won't say any more.

no mate thats not the registration
might give bath audi a ring and see if they can offer any more insight into the upgrade

thanks anyway