Window Regulator Issue -

keithinthesouth

Reaction score
Hi - this is seemingly a common issue as I have seen many similar reports online (not just on Audi's), though no solution.

I have replaced a window regulator and the new one works 'backwards' i.e. I press down and the window goes up; i pull up and the window goes down.

There is no way that the wiring polarity is incorrect - the plug has only one fit. I wondered if the issue could be that I have fitted a drivers door regulator onto my passenger side, though the supplier is adamant that he has supplied the correct part (and that he only ever had the passenger side part).

I assume that there is a way to change the wires around, though it's not as straight forward as you'd imagine (8 wire options).

So, here i am reaching out to the smart guys on here. Any ideas??

If the part number is identical, then its not wrong, is this an integrated door module/motor, if so, check coding as this causes the same issues.

Sorted. There's a bolt on component on the regulator that is attached with 4 screws. Essentially it contains the electric motor with magnets etc. I removed this and rotated it 180 degrees and hey presto, fixed.

Reactions: cocain