S8 D3 Keyfob

I like the idea but I have no clue.

I assume it depends on frequencies and such.

Would be nice to have since we don't really need a flip out key.

Hi ScottD3

On your original fobs, do the LEDs flash when you press the buttons? As on both of mine, they don't. But they are both fully working and have had new batteries too.

And yes it would be really good to have the new style key, because the flip keys are starting to look a bit dated now, whereas the D3's themselves aren't at all.

Oh right so just on a quick press like when locking/unlocking they don't?
How strange... As all my other Audi keys have flashed whenever pressed.

You learn something new everyday... I have just held a button down and it flashes green! I presume that it will flash red when the battery is low then. Or atleast you would think so!?!

Well then I'm stumped?!? Maybe it lights up green as a way of letting you know it's a smart key, and not just a normal fob!?!

Maybe Audi thought, you know what, instead of the usual red LED that lights up when locking/unlocking, we will fit this green one that lights up only when held down, just to confuse a whole bunch of these mother truckers!?! :shrug: HaHa

Reactions: ScottD3
You do need the flip out key trust me. when that battery runs out and you can't gwt in the car you'll be kissing that flipout key. it's happened to me. :)

Yes ScottD3 just like this lol

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    44.7 KB · Views: 306
I'm not sure yet that's my B8 S4 key. Think it might involve an expensive trip to the dealer, with apparently needing a brand new uncoded key to start with.