Chris NottMonster Motorsport

Thread: D2 issues

Reverse Gear

Status

D2 issues

Hi, I have a fabulous 2.8 quattro sport on a 2002, with beautiful 20 inch rims. It has about 130 miles on it and has ran up and down the M1 on LPG for most of it's life.

1. The n/s front electric window died after a heavy frost (no action when using the button). I read somewhere that it should self 'recover' but it hasn't. Can anyone give me any pointers? A fuse perhaps? Both driver side and passenger side switches don't do a thing.

2. Here's something a little more long term however... I have had cat issues for some time - bank one and bank two. I have changed the main cats and things are still the same. I have changed the brake pump breather pipe (it was damaged) and still no change. I recently changed the plugs and this seems to have made a difference though still, on occassion, the management light comes on and I feel the cat pumping (it feels a little like an ABS issue though it deffinately isn't). The light is triggered when driving in congested traffic i.e. stop - start. The issue is evident when driving on both LPG and Petrol. When cold the car seems to overfuel. I have also experienced odd MPG reads on the onboard computer (it sometimes reads 36 on a run...amd then, as expected, it returns to 24 ish. The car is a bit sluggish too - I remember when I changed the LPG vapouriser for the first 2 miles the performance was amazing, then it settled back down to normal.

So, I am now thinking, coil packs, MAF, front pre-cats or throttle / maifold gaskets. Any thoughts??

3. I changed the very dirty steering fluid recently though the power steering is still heavy. Any thoughts?

4. The alarm doesn't make a squeak - just ticking as the hazards flash. I read that the back up batteries die. I assume that this must be a common Audi component and that any Audi alarm unit will suit?

God - I have made this car sound like a bag of hammers - it isn't. I just like to keep on top of things.

Thanks for your help!

K

Can anyone point me in the direction of the cigarette lighter fuse? Will it really be independantly fused i.e. a seperate fuse for the power socket in the centre console??

Thanks - I really appreciate your help.

K

2. # ADS
    ADS

1st Gear

Status
    got to say, I've not had any of those issues, sorry!!

i know my alarm doesn't make a sound when opening/closing the car... I thought that was just the way it is...

with the power steering, I always 'pump' the fluid through the system by putting it on full right lock, then full left lock a few times... don't know if that could help you out??

my front cigarette socket is a bit hit n miss too... works when it feels like it... I just use the rear one...

totally useless post from me, but there you go! lol

:thumb:

5th Gear

Status
    Keithinthesouth You should get it scanned with VCDS ,may help with identifying most of your faults.The alarm may just be the setting,as beep on opening /closing can be turned on and off .
    Last edited by gen.heinz guderian; 19th February 2013 at 17:19.

1st Gear

Status
    eh.... I have my own VCDS and have no faults thank you very much!! lol

I don't count the tempremantal socket as one...

Hope you get someone that can help you out with your car...

Reverse Gear

Status
    Hi - thanks, yes I have had it scanned. The only error is the repeat bank 1 / 2 code.
    Re the alarm, sorry for the confusion but I meant it would not make a noise if you were to launch a brick through the window, not a beep when locking / unlocking the vehicle.

1st Gear

Status
    ah right, then that is an issue eh... need it shouting if someone smashes the window....

ive found this A8/S8 section a little slow, but hopefully someone will be able to help you...