MPG

a8tdi

Reaction score
Does anyone know roughly the difference in mpg when leaving the ac on constantly? My A8 is prone to some steamy windows, this only happens when its wet outside and i have read that leaving the air con on and at automatic should resolve this issue..
Thanks,

Hi this is not going to be really helpful in answering your question but i have found out that if you run the air-con in econo mode eg air-con off your auxiliary heater doesn't come on ether. Which is a bummer when it gets really cold. As for the extra fuel it uses i haven't noticed it making all that much of a difference but then i'm only getting about 22mpg as it is. As for your steamy windows turning on the air-con clears them up nicely.

I've wondered this too but I haven't bothered experimenting yet - far too cold to be messin round with that!

I find very little difference mpg air con on or off but try to keep your foot well carpets as dry as possible and occasionally lift out and dry in the wind or if you lucky enough to have a radiator in your garage or utility use that ....just try to keep the inside of your car as dry as you can...avoid eating takeaways in your car etc etc

Have you checked that your cabin/pollen filters have been changed at service time. I've had this causing internal moisture on previous cars!