Audi S7 Needed for Stage 1 Preliminary Dyno!

Evan@APR

Site Sponsor
Site Sponsor
Reaction score
Website
www.goapr.co.uk
Hello all,

As APR prepares for the release of its Stage 1 ECU remap for the new 4.0T engine as found in the S7, APR UK would like to dyno test a standard car for internal informational use.

The lucky owner will receive a free remap when its released and a free dyno at the new power level.

Please email elight@goapr.com or reply to this post.

Thanks and Go APR!

Evan, have you guys tried tuning the 3.0T yet?

Eye-wateringly expensive, but here's the MTM offering @ €2600 -I guess it's a very low volume car in the first place... so not many remap customers...

We've had tuning for the Simos 8.4 ECU found in most 3.0Ts for nearly four years--first to market with a software solution, actually! :)

http://www.goapr.co.uk/products/ecu_upgrade_30tfsi_b8s4.html

Not only have we tuned it, we've raced it in Grand-Am and World Challenge, we've developed hardware for it (pulley, divorced coolant system) and will soon release a larger supercharger for it.

Though, the current hurdle is Simos 8.5. The 3.0TFSI A7 and other 2012+ models have a new type of ecu we are finalizing and preparing to release.

Understood. I was aware that quite a few were tuning the s4, but I had noticed the a7 had a different output and very few people were offering to tune it.

Is the underlying engine and 'charger the same? So once tuned should the outputs be similar to the s4?

I guess I'd kiss goodbye to several years of Audi warranty though?

Yes, the hardware has remained the same, it's only the software that is different. The only reason MTM has a product is their tuning method--their solution doesn't replace the software on the ECU, but rather runs a piggy-back box between the ECU and the car that modifies the input/output signals to achieve their goals.

As far as I know the only warranty that would be lost after modifying the ECU would be the ECU warranty, not the entire powertrain.

you sure about that?

I know the TDI tuning is usually a pure torque increase throughout the range, so usually the drivetrain and gearbox warranties are pretty much gone and given what I've seen some remaps do, I don't blame them - a nearly new (sub-5k miler, I think) 105bhp Polo remapped to 150bhp and the clutch couldn't even hold for the dyno run - rendered pretty much undriveable until they set it to a less aggressive map to reduce the low to mid rev range torque...

The component failure must be proven to be a direct result of the modification for warranty exclusion.

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Magnuson–Moss_Warranty_Act

This exists in America and from what I've read and experienced throughout Europe, there are similar laws at play here.

To your points, clutches are seldom if ever covered by a dealership warranty and any customer modifying their car should be prepared to upgrade their clutch dependent on the OEM clutch tolerances and the power gains they're looking to achieve. We don't remap stage 1 straight into clutch failure. For example, the c6 rs6 biturbo v10 can reach 900+lbftof torque if desired, but we reel that power back within the tolerances of the transmission components for the production file.

Bringing this back to our topic, the worst thing that could happen would be a component failure deemed associated with the remap; to fix the issue the dealership typically replaces the ECU and reinstates the warranty. Fortunately for APR customers, we can reimburse these costs if our product truly is at fault :)

Last edited:
Nice, good to know. Thanks for clearing that up!

And you reckon that 390bhp is about right out of an A7 TFSI without stressing anything to much?

Looking forward to seeing that offered for the new ECU :-D

Absolutely! I've driven the C6 A6 with the 3.0TFSI and pulley and it was rapid and exciting and I would enjoy it every day :)

They're all rapid and exciting with that engine in them: even the one that I've driven, which was one of the now discontinued A6 C7 Avant TFSI's, which is my backup option if I haven't got the A7 I want in a few months' time, even in standard tune of 296PS it was a stonking car, so I'd love to see if you're getting same sort of remaps (around 390bhp quoted!) on the A6's and A7's...

Here's a glimpse of what's to come. This engine is brutal!

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Compkiler