Anyone with an S6

Derbz

Reaction score
Has any members on here got an C7 S6?

You never see many about at all and im considering getting rid of my S4 and replacing it with an S6 as theres some good discounts to be had off them through brokers etc.

I really like the look of them plus the interior looks fantastic and the level of standard kit that comes with the car is pretty impressive by Audi standards.

Soo was wondering if anyone on here owns one and if they are happy with there car etc.

Cheers.

I would seriously consider a BiTDI instead of an S6 given the S6 and A6 generally still isn't a sports car.

I would seriously consider a BiTDI instead of an S6 given the S6 and A6 generally still isn't a sports car.

Not sure what your getting at tbh?

Not fussed about it being a sports car as such!

its the whole package i like about the S6 plus of course that cracking V8 TT engine.

Stage 1 map 550bhp, should go rather well..

With 2 kids and the missus it kind of limits the options of what cars we can have at the moment, 3 door is no good, need a big boot etc other option is a C63 amg but abit ****e in the winter..

You're not fussed about a sports car, so why do you want 550bhp?

Again, with a family, what do you intend doing with an S6 you can't do in a BiTDI (for a lot less money). For that, why would you want to put that much power in car with your family?

The only good the A6 is good for in any guise, is motorways. If you want something for a spirited drive, the RS4 Avant is a much more compelling choice than an S6 IMO.

Again I'm not sure what relevance your post has to do with the question I'm asking? I think you need to look up what type of cars are classed as 'sport cars', then you will understand why I'm not 'fussed' about it being one! saloons and estate are not 'sports car' just like the biturbo diesel A6 is not an S6? Not everyone is worried about mpg and it's certainly not something that is at the top of are list, hence looking at the s6, also the s6 is around 5k more expensive than the top of the range diesel which to me makes the diesel expensive compared to the s6! Again mpg is not an issue. I think implying that people who enjoy performance and practical cars are irresponsible parents is abit of a sweeping statement don't you think? What makes you think people who chose to buy the rs6 should buy a diesel instead? Seems to me you are trying to justify why YOU need a diesel and also why everyone else should buy one? Wouldn't life be boring if everyone was the same!

Reactions: CHEZ
Couple of things.

You're the one asking for thoughts. And I am offering them. (That's generally how a forum works). If you're going to throw your toys out because you don't like what you hear, keep off the keyboard.

My point is simple, there are plenty better choices than an S6. I'm offering the closest thing to an S6 which is the BiTDI. There is a reason there are very good discounts on the S6. That said if you want an S6, sure , just don't ask for opinions if you don't really want them.

Regarding "irresponsible parents" reference, that's all you. I merely asked what you would do with over 500bhp with your family in the car, something you said you wanted.

Regarding your RS6 comment; it makes no sense.

Think you may be getting your wires crossed. Derbz simply asked advice on a S6, at no point did he mention a diesel.

This is a sports car
2010_Audi_TT_RS__125623artw.jpg

This is a sports saloon
704952283_017.jpg

Note differences, the latter being a practical family car with 4 doors and a big boot, but with sporting attributes.

As for questioning the man's intentions and family safety, do not even go there pal. Yes the S6 is a fast car but Im sure this guy has the sense to only use the power when he is alone in the car.

I suggest you keep on topic, and as a wise man once said, if you dont have anything useful to say, then dont say anything at all.

Last edited:
Reactions: CCWjames, CHEZ and Derbz
Think your getting your wires crossed. Audi call the s6 a "sports car for everyday use".

Apart from the fact you sound silly trying to differentiate between a "saloon" and a "car", the comment was what people thought of the s6 based upon people having them. I didn't find the s6 worth more than the BiTDI, in fact it seemed pointless to me. I'm fine with people disagreeing, but it's just my opinion.

Regarding over 550bhp in car- seriously doubt there is anyone here that could use that in a public road,

And fwiw. This whole "safety" and "responsibility" ( even parenting has been thrown in for good measure) issue has been thrown up by yourself. I asked what you would do with your family in the back. It's not a comfy car. It's very very bumpy car on all but the smoothest roads.

Maybe if you just accept that I'm not 'having a go' I'm only sharing my opinion on the s6, you could just have left it at that.

I'll unsubscribe from this post, but to explain my comments were based upon driving both cars. This is what Autoexpress said of the S6, so my comment about the diesel is definitely a reasonable one. I think some people are not interested in a subjective and honest response. Suggesting some good and fair advice relating to the S6 by "considering" a diesel seems more helpful than saying it's not a very good car and in fact I found it so uncomfortable, given the OP clearly likes it.

"it begs the question, doesn’t an A6 3.0 TDI do the same but with better fuel efficiency and a significantly lower price?"

Read more: Audi S6 review | Auto Express

Couple of things.

You're the one asking for thoughts. And I am offering them. (That's generally how a forum works). If you're going to throw your toys out because you don't like what you hear, keep off the keyboard.

My point is simple, there are plenty better choices than an S6. I'm offering the closest thing to an S6 which is the BiTDI. There is a reason there are very good discounts on the S6. That said if you want an S6, sure , just don't ask for opinions if you don't really want them.

Regarding "irresponsible parents" reference, that's all you. I merely asked what you would do with over 500bhp with your family in the car, something you said you wanted.

Regarding your RS6 comment; it makes no sense.

Correct im asking for info from anyone who owns an S6? and i am greatful for anyone who takes the time out to give me any info who owns one.

You dont own an S6 so cannot give me any info about owning one?

Why you think my toys are out the pram is lost on me? Your the one that seems to be all up tight about me wanting to own a faster and more powerful car than you which will also be used to drive the kids around!

Again, what that has got to do with you is also lost on me?

I would like to know " the reason there are good discounts on the S6"?

Because the BITDI is being offered with even more discount than the S6!

Orange wheels-

BITDI BE

RRP-£49,200
Discount -£9.972
OTRP -£39,228

Thats over 20% discount on the BITDI?

S6

RRP £54.521
Discount - £10,769
OTRP-£43,752

Thats around 19.8 % on the S6?

It seems to me that A) you havent got a clue what your talking about and B) its you that needs to step away from the keyboard.

Reactions: CHEZ and Brennan
You're not fussed about a sports car, so why do you want 550bhp?

Again, with a family, what do you intend doing with an S6 you can't do in a BiTDI (for a lot less money). For that, why would you want to put that much power in car with your family?

And fwiw. This whole "safety" and "responsibility" ( even parenting has been thrown in for good measure) issue has been thrown up by yourself. I asked what you would do with your family in the back. It's not a comfy car. It's very very bumpy car on all but the smoothest roads.

Maybe if you just accept that I'm not 'having a go' I'm only sharing my opinion on the s6, you could just have left it at that.

So it was me that posted the above then? Maybe if you had posted that its not a very comfy car in the back in the first place that might have been a more helpful and useful comment would it not?

Some people (myself included) just don't want a diesel variant given the high price of diesel halo models and the extra kit you often get on a S/RS car.

I think it's worthwhile drawing it in as a potential comparison, but then if the OP isn't interested in the burner then move on.

If you get the S6 and it comes with adaptive dampers it will be fine, and no harder than an S-Line TDi BT (unless there is any extra alloy wheel diameter which these days there often isn't on the S range).

I know a chap with an RS6 and he adores it, says it's most things to most people, but you accept it's size as a limitation which impacts the sporting nature of the drive. I think the new A6 range is a big step forward from the last, so well worth an extended test drive, but I'm not sure where to point you in terms of longer term owner experience.

Reactions: Brennan and Derbz
Some people (myself included) just don't want a diesel variant given the high price of diesel halo models and the extra kit you often get on a S/RS car.

I think it's worthwhile drawing it in as a potential comparison, but then if the OP isn't interested in the burner then move on.

If you get the S6 and it comes with adaptive dampers it will be fine, and no harder than an S-Line TDi BT (unless there is any extra alloy wheel diameter which these days there often isn't on the S range).

I know a chap with an RS6 and he adores it, says it's most things to most people, but you accept it's size as a limitation which impacts the sporting nature of the drive. I think the new A6 range is a big step forward from the last, so well worth an extended test drive, but I'm not sure where to point you in terms of longer term owner experience.

Thats a fair point warren, my S4 has the damper control and while im out in it alone for a blast in dynamic its goes, and when the kids are in the car comfort setting is used so it becomes the best of both worlds, and i cant see it being any different in the S6.

I apprecate the S6 is abit of a lard **** and not ideal for hooning around the country roads for when i take it out alone, but the extra space in the S6 will come in handy,plus we have alot of weekends away so again the space will come in handy.

The situation is that i used to own a weekend car the last one being an evo 6 which was used for trackdays and sprints before that it was an evo 9 and the daily driver was an E46 M3cs but i was finding less a less time to use the track toys, so we sold them along with the M3 so we could put the money into a car that is practical and also something that i can enjoy at weekends aswell hence buying the S4.

I agree with woolyjoe that the RS4 is maybe a better option but its based on an old platform now and the B9 A4 is out next year plus the cabin is hardly any different to what we have got now so for the extra money its not enough of a change for it to be worth it imo.

The SQ5 is an option but again they are only offering that car in the uk with the diesel engine which is a shame as i just dont really like diesel engines! i have to drive around in a diesel van 5 days a week for work which is enough, so at the weekend it nice to get in something a little more special despite what the mpg might be!

Reactions: Brennan and warren_S5
Just thought I'd add my 10 pence. The S6 is a ****** nice car, no I haven't got one but my dad has (2013 avant), although I haven't driven it, I've been in it several times. Always been very comfortable in it even when my dad is showing off. The sound of the engine is immense and it goes like like **** off a shovel! Pleasant and classy inside as you would expect from an S car. Absolutely giant boot space and loads of room for every passenger. If I could justify having that much space I would have one myself, until I can I'm happy in my s3 :) The only let down (on my dad's one anyway) is the alloy wheels are quite boring.

Sorry Just noticed the date on this thread :keule: Well if the OP is still interested that's my thoughts. Sorry to bring up an old thread lol:undwech:

An S6 for £43k?!?! That's an insanely low price.

I'd go S6 personally as I prefer petrol over diesel. It also looks better IMO.

Think you may be getting your wires crossed. Derbz simply asked advice on a S6, at no point did he mention a diesel.

This is a sports car
2010_Audi_TT_RS__125623artw.jpg

This is a sports saloon
704952283_017.jpg

Note differences, the latter being a practical family car with 4 doors and a big boot, but with sporting attributes.

As for questioning the man's intentions and family safety, do not even go there pal. Yes the S6 is a fast car but Im sure this guy has the sense to only use the power when he is alone in the car.

I suggest you keep on topic, and as a wise man once said, if you dont have anything useful to say, then dont say anything at all.

Sorry, in no world is any TT a sports car, sorry, its a tourer lol.

Well, you know, the wife goes out, you have a few beers in front of the Canadian GP free practice and your browsing old threads looking at what to replace your RS4 with thinking RS6 and you make a slight comment etc etc etc. LOL

Reactions: Brennan
Well, you know, the wife goes out, you have a few beers in front of the Canadian GP free practice and your browsing old threads looking at what to replace your RS4 with thinking RS6 and you make a slight comment etc etc etc. LOL
Nuff said lol :)

I'm in the market for either or aswell. The extra 5-10k difference on s6 to the bitdi is obviously preferred if you can afford it but the bitdi seems reasonably quick, you get the similar tech for less money. The S6, your paying for the engine and noise.

I think I've made my own mind up. It will be the diesel again for me. Although I initially looked into the market wanting an everyday sports saloon/avant. I miss the noises of a petrol, but we have just bought a TTS

Ok this thread is a year old but I have found myself asking the same question recently. Using a site like orange wheels you can get a brand new S6 C7 for about 45k which is silly when you thing what they list at and that monster motor easily tuned to over 580+ . so pal did you get one in the end? And if so what's it like. I have a family too and I can't go back to diesel just yet. I like big and safe and comfortable for the family runs and something that will make me giggle like a school girl when I'm driving on my own

Ok this thread is a year old but I have found myself asking the same question recently. Using a site like orange wheels you can get a brand new S6 C7 for about 45k which is silly when you thing what they list at and that monster motor easily tuned to over 580+ . so pal did you get one in the end? And if so what's it like. I have a family too and I can't go back to diesel just yet. I like big and safe and comfortable for the family runs and something that will make me giggle like a school girl when I'm driving on my own

Evening mate, I ended up buying the bitdi. Everyone wants a little noise and power when you buy a car, I think I have both in this. The running costs of a s6 would be a little more than the diesel. I've chosen sensibly.
I collected a new s5 for a friend yesterday and love the noise on that, but this diesel is unique, no one can quite realise how great it really is.
The s6 would be the next level up and then rs6. S6 being a lot nicer inside than my diesel but when I was looking it would have been like £5k more.
I will be getting it stage 1 eventually, it would be like 350bhp and a bit more torque. Can't remember figure off top of my head. That's enough for me. When warranty runs out on our tts, that will be my project car

Reactions: pez81 and IceHanger
I wish I was only buying mine now: those S6's are such a deal at the moment!!

If you're after aftermarket tuning potential, then although the stock BiTDI is a bit of beast for a TDI, it's relatively close to being maxed out (another 25% max - they top out around 400bhp). The 3.0 TFSI is nice and can be quickly uprated to S6* performance, but it's still not the same: neither of those it'll never have the kudos or precense of the V8 or the S6's standard kit... I know it a bit late, but for anybody else considering it: unless you're doing diesel mileage (>15k/year), then get the V8 petrol!!

*Revo/APR are both offering around £3k (just under £2k if you time it right) on a pulley + remap and that's around 400-450bhp, closer to £6k-£7k and you're looking at 550-580bhp... all out of a supercharged V6, so Lord only knows what that 4.0 V8 can do with a couple of turbo's on it and an enthusiastic tuner?!?

Last edited:
Reactions: pez81
The s6 would be the next level up and then rs6. S6 being a lot nicer inside than my diesel but when I was looking it would have been like £5k more.

I am not sure i agree with that - i think the next level up is the RS6. We have a BiTDI and looked an S6 recently. There isn't as much difference performance wise with a BiTDi and an S6 as you might expect. Ok, the engine noise etc etc... I think the BiTDI could quite easily be badged an S6 - after all it's the same engine in an SQ5. The next step in my eyes is the RS6.

Reactions: IceHanger
Th
Evening mate, I ended up buying the bitdi. Everyone wants a little noise and power when you buy a car, I think I have both in this. The running costs of a s6 would be a little more than the diesel. I've chosen sensibly.
I collected a new s5 for a friend yesterday and love the noise on that, but this diesel is unique, no one can quite realise how great it really is.
I will be getting it stage 1 eventually, it would be like 350bhp and a bit more torque. Can't remember figure off top of my head. That's enough for me. When warranty runs out on our tts, that will be my project car
emoji41.png
Thanks for the reply nice cae you got ive seen a few they have a great presence on the road. The S6 and S7 is very appealing for me as witha tune its RS level. Not quite as nice looking but seems like the interior is very special. I can order one new with zero mikes for about 45k which is just silly as i paid that for my S4. Which i love abd will be getting tuned soon but i have to swap it in another 18 months so need to start thinking. I drove the RS6 recently. Wow! If we didnt have a money pit of a house id had ordered it by now. Just incredible. So saving 17 grand by getting the baby S version and tuning it seems a better idea right now.

So I got my S6 it's a hell of a car. I loved (and i mean loved my S4) but this thing rides so well. The seats are a place you could spend days and never get tired of sitting in. The power is a different league. It's getting tuned in 2-3 weeks and having all the chrome wrapped as i hate too much shinny metal.

Well here she is:

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2016-03-23 at 22.59.36.png
    Screen Shot 2016-03-23 at 22.59.36.png
    440.8 KB · Views: 369
  • Screen Shot 2016-03-23 at 22.59.23.png
    Screen Shot 2016-03-23 at 22.59.23.png
    416.4 KB · Views: 386
  • Screen Shot 2016-03-23 at 22.59.10.png
    Screen Shot 2016-03-23 at 22.59.10.png
    275.8 KB · Views: 377
Reactions: AtotheK, jojo, evans1089 and 3 others
Beautiful, what was the deal you got in the end (if you don't mind me asking) and what wrap are you going to go for?

Beautiful, what was the deal you got in the end (if you don't mind me asking) and what wrap are you going to go for?
Don't mind at all. I really got a cracking deal it would have been foolish not to take it.
Sepang Blue Avant upgraded wheels to the best ones they had. Tech pack with Google maps rear air bags, tinted windows and that's about. I wanted the sports exhaust and black optics but they don't do it in the UK I even called Audi direct.
I'm getting the wheels changed to gloss black and all the chrome wrapping next week for a lot less anyway than Audi charge.
List price was £65,000 I paid a little over £50k. But the real kicker for me was the payments from my S4 actually went down. So I'm getting a better specd car with more power for less than my S4. I didn't put anything down either. DeLer told me to our down the lowest estimated mileage too as even if I go over it will work out paying less than paying more per month with a higher mileage.
The car is amazing the comfort is a different league and I've timed a 0-60 launch in 4 seconds dead and its still stock. This is about to change next month I'm going with Revo and might be getting a new exhaust too.
The BiTurbos are nice but honestly power wise not even close to an S6. I raced an M4 and he couldn't catch me. It handles very well for a big car too.
If you use orangewheels like I did and give the price to your dealer they will usually beat it or match it. I've saved almost £15,000 so even if I sell in a year ID probably be in pocket but certainly not out of pocket.
Get an S6 honestly you won't regret it and it has the rs6 interior it's no different.

How much are you paying for the chrome to be wrapped?

Is that for the roof bars, window trim and grill?? I want to do the same to mine simply because the chrome is a bit too blingy for me. I like the stealth look lol

How much are you paying for the chrome to be wrapped?

Is that for the roof bars, window trim and grill?? I want to do the same to mine simply because the chrome is a bit too blingy for me. I like the stealth look lol
I hate the chrome I think it looks tacky. I begged Audi to remove it but they wanted silly money. I think the roof rails and windows cones to about £200-250 and the wheels will be £300ish. I'm going to buy an aftermarket grill possibly and for that. But I can't see it being much. I don't want to out too much in to the s6 as for £5000 down and the same monthly approximately I could have got an rs6.

Reactions: Rhyso
Seems a decent price for the rails and window trims. Be interesting to see the results of that as those trims look very tricky to remove......
I didn't want them pealing off like I've seen done that just seems to drastic a way of blacking out. I've seen some images online and its looks good.

Don't mind at all. I really got a cracking deal it would have been foolish not to take it.
Sepang Blue Avant upgraded wheels to the best ones they had. Tech pack with Google maps rear air bags, tinted windows and that's about. I wanted the sports exhaust and black optics but they don't do it in the UK I even called Audi direct.
I'm getting the wheels changed to gloss black and all the chrome wrapping next week for a lot less anyway than Audi charge.
List price was £65,000 I paid a little over £50k. But the real kicker for me was the payments from my S4 actually went down. So I'm getting a better specd car with more power for less than my S4. I didn't put anything down either. DeLer told me to our down the lowest estimated mileage too as even if I go over it will work out paying less than paying more per month with a higher mileage.
The car is amazing the comfort is a different league and I've timed a 0-60 launch in 4 seconds dead and its still stock. This is about to change next month I'm going with Revo and might be getting a new exhaust too.
The BiTurbos are nice but honestly power wise not even close to an S6. I raced an M4 and he couldn't catch me. It handles very well for a big car too.
If you use orangewheels like I did and give the price to your dealer they will usually beat it or match it. I've saved almost £15,000 so even if I sell in a year ID probably be in pocket but certainly not out of pocket.
Get an S6 honestly you won't regret it and it has the rs6 interior it's no different.

Damn you ..... Damn you to hell!!!!

There's an amazingly specd one on autotrader at the minute that looks to be about 8 months old with 3,000 miles in Sepang at 53k........

I need to stay clean with my self imposed 18 month minimum period with a car .......! But by then at least they'll be a bit cheaper! But God I am tempted.....

View attachment 85904

Damn you ..... Damn you to hell!!!!

There's an amazingly specd one on autotrader at the minute that looks to be about 8 months old with 3,000 miles in Sepang at 53k........

I need to stay clean with my self imposed 18 month minimum period with a car .......! But by then at least they'll be a bit cheaper! But God I am tempted.....
Dude tell me about it. I wanted to keep my s4 but the deal was just too good not to take. Speak to your local dealer the APR is so good on these like 4.5% right now. What you got currently? Go for it mate