• 1 Post By Derbz
  • 2 Post By warren_S5
  • 2 Post By Derbz

Thread: Anyone with an S6

Neutral

Status

Anyone with an S6

Has any members on here got an C7 S6?

You never see many about at all and im considering getting rid of my S4 and replacing it with an S6 as theres some good discounts to be had off them through brokers etc.

I really like the look of them plus the interior looks fantastic and the level of standard kit that comes with the car is pretty impressive by Audi standards.

Soo was wondering if anyone on here owns one and if they are happy with there car etc.

Cheers.
    B8 S4 supercharged goodness..

2. # ADS
    ADS

1st Gear

Status
    I would seriously consider a BiTDI instead of an S6 given the S6 and A6 generally still isn't a sports car.

Neutral

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by woollyjoe View Post
    I would seriously consider a BiTDI instead of an S6 given the S6 and A6 generally still isn't a sports car.

Not sure what your getting at tbh?

Not fussed about it being a sports car as such!

its the whole package i like about the S6 plus of course that cracking V8 TT engine.

Stage 1 map 550bhp, should go rather well..

With 2 kids and the missus it kind of limits the options of what cars we can have at the moment, 3 door is no good, need a big boot etc other option is a C63 amg but abit ****e in the winter..

1st Gear

Status
    You're not fussed about a sports car, so why do you want 550bhp?

Again, with a family, what do you intend doing with an S6 you can't do in a BiTDI (for a lot less money). For that, why would you want to put that much power in car with your family?

The only good the A6 is good for in any guise, is motorways. If you want something for a spirited drive, the RS4 Avant is a much more compelling choice than an S6 IMO.

Neutral

Status
    Again I'm not sure what relevance your post has to do with the question I'm asking? I think you need to look up what type of cars are classed as 'sport cars', then you will understand why I'm not 'fussed' about it being one! saloons and estate are not 'sports car' just like the biturbo diesel A6 is not an S6? Not everyone is worried about mpg and it's certainly not something that is at the top of are list, hence looking at the s6, also the s6 is around 5k more expensive than the top of the range diesel which to me makes the diesel expensive compared to the s6! Again mpg is not an issue. I think implying that people who enjoy performance and practical cars are irresponsible parents is abit of a sweeping statement don't you think? What makes you think people who chose to buy the rs6 should buy a diesel instead? Seems to me you are trying to justify why YOU need a diesel and also why everyone else should buy one? Wouldn't life be boring if everyone was the same!

1st Gear

Status
    Couple of things.

You're the one asking for thoughts. And I am offering them. (That's generally how a forum works). If you're going to throw your toys out because you don't like what you hear, keep off the keyboard.

My point is simple, there are plenty better choices than an S6. I'm offering the closest thing to an S6 which is the BiTDI. There is a reason there are very good discounts on the S6. That said if you want an S6, sure , just don't ask for opinions if you don't really want them.

Regarding "irresponsible parents" reference, that's all you. I merely asked what you would do with over 500bhp with your family in the car, something you said you wanted.

Regarding your RS6 comment; it makes no sense.

Events Moderator

Status
    Think you may be getting your wires crossed. Derbz simply asked advice on a S6, at no point did he mention a diesel.

This is a sports car

This is a sports saloon

Note differences, the latter being a practical family car with 4 doors and a big boot, but with sporting attributes.

As for questioning the man's intentions and family safety, do not even go there pal. Yes the S6 is a fast car but Im sure this guy has the sense to only use the power when he is alone in the car.

I suggest you keep on topic, and as a wise man once said, if you dont have anything useful to say, then dont say anything at all.
    Last edited by BrennanTDi; 3 Weeks Ago at 05:22.
    Derbz likes this.

A4 B8, 19" AVA Memphis, 35mm APEX, LED DRL

Northern Ireland/Ireland Events Moderator... Click >>here<<
    -- Photoshop Guru... Requests Click >>here<<

1st Gear

Status
    Think your getting your wires crossed. Audi call the s6 a "sports car for everyday use".

Apart from the fact you sound silly trying to differentiate between a "saloon" and a "car", the comment was what people thought of the s6 based upon people having them. I didn't find the s6 worth more than the BiTDI, in fact it seemed pointless to me. I'm fine with people disagreeing, but it's just my opinion.

Regarding over 550bhp in car- seriously doubt there is anyone here that could use that in a public road,

1st Gear

Status
    And fwiw. This whole "safety" and "responsibility" ( even parenting has been thrown in for good measure) issue has been thrown up by yourself. I asked what you would do with your family in the back. It's not a comfy car. It's very very bumpy car on all but the smoothest roads.

Maybe if you just accept that I'm not 'having a go' I'm only sharing my opinion on the s6, you could just have left it at that.

1st Gear

Status
    I'll unsubscribe from this post, but to explain my comments were based upon driving both cars. This is what Autoexpress said of the S6, so my comment about the diesel is definitely a reasonable one. I think some people are not interested in a subjective and honest response. Suggesting some good and fair advice relating to the S6 by "considering" a diesel seems more helpful than saying it's not a very good car and in fact I found it so uncomfortable, given the OP clearly likes it.

"it begs the question, doesn’t an A6 3.0 TDI do the same but with better fuel efficiency and a significantly lower price?"

Read more: Audi S6 review | Auto Express

Neutral

Status
    Couple of things.

You're the one asking for thoughts. And I am offering them. (That's generally how a forum works). If you're going to throw your toys out because you don't like what you hear, keep off the keyboard.

My point is simple, there are plenty better choices than an S6. I'm offering the closest thing to an S6 which is the BiTDI. There is a reason there are very good discounts on the S6. That said if you want an S6, sure , just don't ask for opinions if you don't really want them.

Regarding "irresponsible parents" reference, that's all you. I merely asked what you would do with over 500bhp with your family in the car, something you said you wanted.

Regarding your RS6 comment; it makes no sense.
    Correct im asking for info from anyone who owns an S6? and i am greatful for anyone who takes the time out to give me any info who owns one.

You dont own an S6 so cannot give me any info about owning one?

Why you think my toys are out the pram is lost on me? Your the one that seems to be all up tight about me wanting to own a faster and more powerful car than you which will also be used to drive the kids around!

Again, what that has got to do with you is also lost on me?

I would like to know " the reason there are good discounts on the S6"?

Because the BITDI is being offered with even more discount than the S6!

Orange wheels-

BITDI BE

RRP-£49,200
    Discount -£9.972
    OTRP -£39,228

Thats over 20% discount on the BITDI?

S6

RRP £54.521
    Discount - £10,769
    OTRP-£43,752

Thats around 19.8 % on the S6?

It seems to me that A) you havent got a clue what your talking about and B) its you that needs to step away from the keyboard.
    BrennanTDi likes this.

Neutral

Status
    You're not fussed about a sports car, so why do you want 550bhp?

Again, with a family, what do you intend doing with an S6 you can't do in a BiTDI (for a lot less money). For that, why would you want to put that much power in car with your family?
    And fwiw. This whole "safety" and "responsibility" ( even parenting has been thrown in for good measure) issue has been thrown up by yourself. I asked what you would do with your family in the back. It's not a comfy car. It's very very bumpy car on all but the smoothest roads.

Maybe if you just accept that I'm not 'having a go' I'm only sharing my opinion on the s6, you could just have left it at that.
    So it was me that posted the above then? Maybe if you had posted that its not a very comfy car in the back in the first place that might have been a more helpful and useful comment would it not?

Status
    Some people (myself included) just don't want a diesel variant given the high price of diesel halo models and the extra kit you often get on a S/RS car.

I think it's worthwhile drawing it in as a potential comparison, but then if the OP isn't interested in the burner then move on.

If you get the S6 and it comes with adaptive dampers it will be fine, and no harder than an S-Line TDi BT (unless there is any extra alloy wheel diameter which these days there often isn't on the S range).

I know a chap with an RS6 and he adores it, says it's most things to most people, but you accept it's size as a limitation which impacts the sporting nature of the drive. I think the new A6 range is a big step forward from the last, so well worth an extended test drive, but I'm not sure where to point you in terms of longer term owner experience.
    Derbz and BrennanTDi like this.
    Audi S5 3.0V6T Coupe Black Edition

Neutral

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by warren_S5 View Post
    Some people (myself included) just don't want a diesel variant given the high price of diesel halo models and the extra kit you often get on a S/RS car.

I think it's worthwhile drawing it in as a potential comparison, but then if the OP isn't interested in the burner then move on.

If you get the S6 and it comes with adaptive dampers it will be fine, and no harder than an S-Line TDi BT (unless there is any extra alloy wheel diameter which these days there often isn't on the S range).

I know a chap with an RS6 and he adores it, says it's most things to most people, but you accept it's size as a limitation which impacts the sporting nature of the drive. I think the new A6 range is a big step forward from the last, so well worth an extended test drive, but I'm not sure where to point you in terms of longer term owner experience.
    Thats a fair point warren, my S4 has the damper control and while im out in it alone for a blast in dynamic its goes, and when the kids are in the car comfort setting is used so it becomes the best of both worlds, and i cant see it being any different in the S6.

I apprecate the S6 is abit of a lard arse and not ideal for hooning around the country roads for when i take it out alone, but the extra space in the S6 will come in handy,plus we have alot of weekends away so again the space will come in handy.

The situation is that i used to own a weekend car the last one being an evo 6 which was used for trackdays and sprints before that it was an evo 9 and the daily driver was an E46 M3cs but i was finding less a less time to use the track toys, so we sold them along with the M3 so we could put the money into a car that is practical and also something that i can enjoy at weekends aswell hence buying the S4.

I agree with woolyjoe that the RS4 is maybe a better option but its based on an old platform now and the B9 A4 is out next year plus the cabin is hardly any different to what we have got now so for the extra money its not enough of a change for it to be worth it imo.

The SQ5 is an option but again they are only offering that car in the uk with the diesel engine which is a shame as i just dont really like diesel engines! i have to drive around in a diesel van 5 days a week for work which is enough, so at the weekend it nice to get in something a little more special despite what the mpg might be!
    warren_S5 and BrennanTDi like this.