How to identify current A6

Taxboy

Reaction score
Im looking at buying a used A6 & I understand the current model was introduced in 2011. Is there a quick way to identify from the photos on Autotrader the current model.

Im looking at buying a used A6 & I understand the current model was introduced in 2011. Is there a quick way to identify from the photos on Autotrader the current model.

The easiest way I know of is to look at the boot lid, the C6 chassis had a chrome strip which runs across the width of the boot lid, as far as I know the C7 does not have this trim.

Current A6 has the MMI screen that pops out of the dash whilst the previous generation had the MMI screen built into the dash. Headlight shape is different. C7 version is slimmer and has a kink in the bottom, C6 is flat along the base

Why not just use google images?

C6

audia6c6front.jpg

C7

Audi_A6_S-line_%28C7%29_%E2%80%93_Frontansicht,_1._Mai_2012,_D%C3%BCsseldorf.jpg

Front and rear is completely different between old and new. Hopefully you can spot easy enough

Headlight kink (on he newer C7 shape) has got to the be the most obvious when looking at adverts....