Chris NottBadger5
    1st Gear

Status

Cleaning the MMI buttons

Hi guys, long story short... A small amount of sugary drink was spilt on the MMI buttons (the four around the knob). I can take the knob off by pulling it off but I don't know how to take the buttons off? Or if that's even possible? The car is going in to the Audi shop in a week or two so I could always ask them to clean it.

The button which is stuck is the one which is illuminated. It is very very difficult to press down.

Thank you!
    Buneet

2. # ADS
    ADS

1st Gear

Status
    You have to remove the central reservation surround - basically the buttons are the last to come out. You could ask the garage to do this or NHN or others on the forum I believe could do this quite easily. If you got the plastic tools and instructions off the internet, you can do this yourself. It isn't hard.

The sugar crystallizes causing it to fill gaps and to be sticky. You can't clean it without removing covers.

1st Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by woollyjoe View Post
    You have to remove the central reservation surround - basically the buttons are the last to come out. You could ask the garage to do this or NHN or others on the forum I believe could do this quite easily. If you got the plastic tools and instructions off the internet, you can do this yourself. It isn't hard.

The sugar crystallizes causing it to fill gaps and to be sticky. You can't clean it without removing covers.
    Thanks for a response. I took it to Audi and they said they'd change the unit, but I'm too busy to be going in and out of Audi it takes so long to deal with them!

But yeah I think they'll change it soon. If I don't I'll drop NHN a message about it. Thanks

4th Gear

Status
    Send me a pm if you want it cleaning im near manchester and can strip these down and clean them not a problem.

1st Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Mo-S3 View Post
    Send me a pm if you want it cleaning im near manchester and can strip these down and clean them not a problem.
    It's booked in to Audi to get replaced in a few days so I'm more than happy with that, if something happens and they don't end up replacing it I will give you a PM. Thanks for replying btw! I will keep you in mind for the future.