Bang & Olufsen hifi retrofit

woollyjoe

Reaction score
Hi all, anyone attempting retrofitting hifi.

Have a a chance to get the bang olufsen system for my A6 and whilst I have no issue installing the speakers, amp and other box, my concern is the wiring loom and coding the car that it had a b&o hifi and the tweeters pop up.

Any by advice from this or similar is appreciated.

I would imagine this is a massive task and your car will almost certainly not have the correct wiring for the system. You would definitely have to code the car but that should just be a case of using VCDS and would probably be the least of your challenges

Have a a chance to get the bang olufsen system for my A6 and whilst I have no issue installing the speakers, amp and other box, my concern is the wiring loom and coding the car that it had a b&o hifi and the tweeters pop up.

We have site sponsor NHN who does retrofitting and would also be able to code at the same time. May be worth dropping him a pm for a price. Where are you located? :) x

Reactions: NHN
You would definitely have to code the car but that should just be a case of using VCDS and would probably be the least of your challenges

I wouldn't agree tbh, that sometimes is the task & with newer cars, the issues are when it goes into Audi, they download the cars original spec/coding & it reverts any changes, I'm sure it would need component protection removed by audi when parts are fitted.

To be able to assess wiring, I'd need vin details to check what's fitted now & its not a quick conversion, but anything's possible.

You do know how much it is for a factory option let alone retrofit price?!

Just giving this another nudge. Has anyone got any experience retrofitting oem Hifi, and if anyone can recommend anyone who would be up for trying to fit this? Someone who knows their way round the software, although I get there is a lot of time should wiring looms need changing etc. Thanks

Yes, but as stated, its a vast cost to do this in time, wiring etc.

Just giving this another nudge. Has anyone got any experience retrofitting oem Hifi, and if anyone can recommend anyone who would be up for trying to fit this? Someone who knows their way round the software, although I get there is a lot of time should wiring looms need changing etc. Thanks

Having got this car (14 Plate) and knowing what is installed and required it's not worth your time or any installers time if I'm honest... It's pretty complex and agree with NHN.

From memory, factory price was something crazy like £8k from memory. The Bose system is however incredible if you already have that.

Thanks for feedback. I've found a company that has done this before. They've suggested the car will be with them for the week. Just waiting on cost, but I can live without the car for a week to get his done. Especially as it will be cheaper than buying the option from factory (I can get the bits relatively cheap which is the bulk of the original cost).

Is there anything you would do at the same time?

I am installing GoPro's by the rear view mirror and one on the back shelf, and will need power (mini USB) if this can be wired easily? Was thinking power can be got from the rear view mirror? or will this have to be run round windscreen to fuse box? Same for rear shelf - was thinking there is a cigarette socket power can be taken from and cable ran discreetly?

Thanks for feedback. I've found a company that has done this before. They've suggested the car will be with them for the week. Just waiting on cost, but I can live without the car for a week to get his done. Especially as it will be cheaper than buying the option from factory (I can get the bits relatively cheap which is the bulk of the original cost).

Is there anything you would do at the same time?

I am installing GoPro's by the rear view mirror and one on the back shelf, and will need power (mini USB) if this can be wired easily? Was thinking power can be got from the rear view mirror? or will this have to be run round windscreen to fuse box? Same for rear shelf - was thinking there is a cigarette socket power can be taken from and cable ran discreetly?

Hmmm - It's not an install I would be willing to do so good luck to them :)

Are you going to use the GoPros only for track days or as a DashCam? I'm not sure I would use them as a DashCam as they were never designed for constant recording like that. Don't even think they have a loop facility. Whichever way you go it's best to go to the fusebox.

I'm curious why you wouldn't do the install? You do retrofits for a living and you do say "advanced" in your company name

The Gopro has looping function you can set from 5 mins up to entire memory. It also has wifi and can be controlled via iphone. I can also use for other things when not in the car.

Before commiting to this think about how your warranty may be affected.

I have spoke with the dealer. As long as nothing that needs warrantying relates to the hifi I am fine. If there is an issue relating to hifi they obviously won't cover that which is fine with me. There isn't any splicing or non OEM wiring that is going in. It's no different to the other mods being done by many others. The main issue I have is the software.

The dealer seemed more curious than against it as I had to enquire about getting the hifi itself and the wiring looms, although yet to establish if the separate wiring looms are needed.