Help needed a6 black edition 2.0 man or a7 sline fwd multi

Gerrard14

Reaction score
Hi I currently drive an a6 black edition, my dealer is obviously looking to make up no's I have been offered a new a6 black ed for 20 pound less than I pay now or an a7 sline for 26 pound more. Question is am I better off with an A6 black ed or the A7 sline I like both but can't decide. Is the drive of a multi and the a7 much better, worth losing the privacy glass and titanium rotors for?

is your A6 also a FWD multitronic and is it a saloon??

I'd go for the creamy V6 and A7 coupé looks, extra standard features and frameless doors every time, IF you don't have an avant and need the space... if you've currently got the saloon, then I'd say it's a no-brainer: the A7 will hold it's value better than an A6 saloon - so that's the reason for the HP price discount.

My neighbour has the 3.0 FWD multitronic and had 6 months of nothing but gearbox probs, but the dealer repalced the car for him in the end, so not a bad story, but I'm always nervous about those multitronics if they're not under warranty!

Last edited:
is your A6 also a FWD multitronic and is it a saloon??

I'd go for the creamy V6 and A7 coupé looks, extra standard features and frameless doors every time, IF you don't have an avant and need the space... if you've currently got the saloon, then I'd say it's a no-brainer: the A7 will hold it's value better than an A6 saloon - so that's the reason for the HP price discount.

My neighbour has the 3.0 FWD multitronic and had 6 months of nothing but gearbox probs, but the dealer repalced the car for him in the end, so not a bad story, but I'm always nervous about those multitronics if they're not under warranty!

Hi yes my a6 is the 2.0 tdi fwd. just worried as the wheels don't look as good on the std sline and by the time you add 20's I'm at 75pound pm more than a6. Do you think the 19's look good? I agree the drive will be better but Im not sure about losing the wheels and the Bose.

like for like - both are the same cars, in fact, the A7 is slower as it's heavier. I think the question should be about the engine and especially the gearbox. Go for the one with best engine and gearbox. if you have to go FWD, less power is better.

It depends what you want - I found the A7 unbearable to drive around London as its soooo wide. The A6 is too wide, so I couldn't handle the A7.

One thing that is nice - the A7 has the auto close boot which i would love.

A6 can also have the auto close. Very similar weights, but the A6 is narrower, I still got my A6 with the 360deg parking sensors... Definitely won't be the same engines if they are uk spec cars unless they have only just released the 2.0tdi!

The A6 boot close is an optional extra - its standard on the A7. The A7 does have the kick function on every car which is very cool.

The weight is quite a bit - but I'm comparing the BiTDI versions - its a good 1/5th of a second slower with the A7.

When you say 360 sensors - you mean the cameras? I couldn't get out of Sainsburys Camden car park without this :O

Of course - forgot you have the Avant. The A6 makes more sense as an estate, than the saloon. But the saloon still looks so well proportioned.

When you say 360 sensors - you mean the cameras?

Nope the 360degree sensors that show proximity to the mid-point of the car too (normal parking sensors are the front 180deg and rear for 180deg, but miss the mid-point)... very useful when manouvering around tight corners in small parking spaces, near kerbs when parking, etc. They are part of the auto-park hardware.