Volks AutosAH Fabrications
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: A6 Bi Turbo

1st Gear

Status
    I couldn't care less which is faster, but why you keep deluding yourself?

Firstly, the TFSI is NOT faster in real world conditions at initial or otherwise - see link i posted earlier. Maybe the TFSI is faster to 10mph - who knows or would measure, or care, but at no point is the TFSI faster up to 30mph and every interval thereof. I'm happy you love your TFSI, it does not mean it is not a great car.

Secondly, they still sell the TFSI especially in north America because diesel has an image problem - Americans and Canadians don't like it. They stopped selling the TFSI in UK because it is slower than the BiTDI which arrived after the TFSI and less fuel economic - it made little sense. Audi do not want people tinkering with the cars at all and they are the pioneer of niche busting cars, so they are more than happy to have micro differences between cars, as long as they sell - the TFSI didn't make a case for itself in the UK - this is why you can't buy one.

Neither A6's came with DSG - mine is what they call Multitronic - which is actually a lame auto box but could handle the torque.

Dude, you have a great car - but enough already - the point of the BiTDI is it was the fastest diesel production car in the world - it is the use of diesel which is surprising and amazing - a fast petrol car is not unusual - teh BiTDI is the subject of the post

2. # ADS
    ADS

6th Gear

Status
    Her 2011 Limited Edition A4 Dynamik 2.0 Tfsi quattro 211 BHP Saloon & Mine 2013 Bmw 535D M Sport 313 Bhp 630nm.
    ***Audi's In The Park***The Biggest Audi Event In Europe 10th August 2014*** http://www.audi-sport.net/vb/audis-park-aitp-2014/221933-audis-park-2014-show-10th-august-billing-aquadrome.html
    Reputation given for the best answer.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12