EM TuningBadger5
    Reverse Gear

Status

Question C6 alloys on a C7?

Ive just ordered a new shape A6 sline with the stadard 18" alloys. i couldnt get the 19" as i needed the car as soon as(order times with 19" were too long for me).. question is will the current 19" le mans style alloys or any other 19" audi alloys fit the newer shape A6?..anyone tried?

I read on a online forum somehere that its not poss to fit older C6 A6 alloys onto the new A6(C7).
    cheers!

2. # ADS
    ADS

6th Gear

Status
    Well the new C7 can be specced with the 7 Arm Double spoke so I say why wouldn't it fit .. Just check the stud pattern and offset.

BahnStormer

Status
    I'm pretty sure the tyres are a different spec, so if you replace those, I think it'll be fine...
    LostBok/BahnStormer77
    A6 (C7) Avant 3.0TFSI, DSG, rain and light sensor pack, LED headlight pack, MMI touch, SDS high, AMI, 360deg sensors + auto-park, Dunlop SP Winter Sports / Pirelli P Zero's.

Reverse Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by BahnStormer77 View Post
    I'm pretty sure the tyres are a different spec, so if you replace those, I think it'll be fine...
    Whats the center bore on the C6? Is it 57,1 like the earlier? C7 is 66,5mm center bore

BahnStormer

Status
    Polo's right: that's a surprise, most of the VAG wheels have been interchangable ever since the move from 4-stud to 5-stud in th eold Mk3 golfs!

This US website says:
    Hub centerbore:
    66.5 mm
    LostBok/BahnStormer77
    A6 (C7) Avant 3.0TFSI, DSG, rain and light sensor pack, LED headlight pack, MMI touch, SDS high, AMI, 360deg sensors + auto-park, Dunlop SP Winter Sports / Pirelli P Zero's.

6th Gear

Status

My Social Networking

Follow MartayMcFly On Twitter Visit MartayMcFly's Youtube Channel Visit MartayMcFly's Instagram Channel
    Quote Originally Posted by a6-chris View Post
    Well the new C7 can be specced with the 7 Arm Double spoke so I say why wouldn't it fit .. Just check the stud pattern and offset.
    That's a pretty sweeping generalisation... design has nothing to do with fitment. The new A4 (B8) has the bigger centre bore too, but I think the C6 was still 57.1 bore so if you're after new wheels you will probably have to get them off a newer car.

Offsets will be the other stumbling block, so check your current wheels vs whatever wheels you're after. Higher ET can be compensated for with spacers.
    Hunt is over

1st Audi - 2001 Ming Blue 8L S3 210
    2nd Audi - 2008 Black 8P2 S3 3dr
    and now - 2007 Daytona Grey B7 RS4 saloon

BahnStormer

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by MartayMcFly View Post
    That's a pretty sweeping generalisation...
    I think we've all got a bit complacent.... VAG went through a phase for most for the last 10 years where everything apart from the S-cars could have their wheels swapped around to a reasonable extent: all 57.1mm, mostly ET45-ish... so if they were the right size and width, they'd probably fit... sadly not any more!
    LostBok/BahnStormer77

5th Gear

Status
    maybe for the newer cars..... but all the new stuff will fit on the older ones
    VCDS in North Wales
    2007 A6 3.0TDi S-Line Le Mans Avant , adaptive xenon lights, sunroof, privacy glass, towbar, led rears & randomly rear seat airbags
    1999 Honda S2000 , mcb low milage jap import, fully bushed, mugen exhaust <<< for sale! <<<
    2001 Passat TDi 130 Sport < sold!! http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/Ste_Nova/Passat/PB140007s.jpg