Anyone have a circuit diagram for the MMI 2G amp to bi-pass and wire in an upgrade

rich dj

2015 A4 Avant 2.0TDI SE Quattro 190 Technik
Reaction score
Hi I have a MMI 2G and was wondering was it possible to Bi pass the audio input to the amp and the audio output to the speakers and fit an extra amp in its place as I have a Kenwood 4x 75rms amp which I will then fit my Mac Audio components in to the doors just using a 2way system from the component kit and removing the 3 way crossovers.
Has anyone bi-passed the amp before?

Simple answer is no. All the audio is transmitted via the fiber optic so there is no way of bi-passing the amp, I've heard of aftermaket AMP's (never seen any) but have been told they are ££££.

so the amp has the fiber optic input too. may need to dig a lot deeper inside the amp then to get the analogue signal out.
any specs available for the amps ie wattage, THD and loading 4 or 2 ohm?

wow not cheap.
Looks like i need an old amp to look into so I can work out where to take the low level output before it goes to the power amp stage then
or put up with the Audi amp and try the speakers with that :-(

I usually use adjustable speaker level to line level converters to fit aftermarket amps to factory audio, my last 2 cars i fed the front speaker wires into 2 pairs of converters, into a 4 channel amp, front speakers hpf 50hz sub bridged and lpf 50hz. I've found even crappy factory speakers sound better with a bit of oomph behind them. If you want to get fancy and pricey about it you could get a jbl ms8, that was designed for exactly this scenario.