RS6 rear arb

blackwood

Reaction score
Hi Guys,
Quick question, am looking to get an A6 Avant, s-line 3.0tdi quattro, around 2010, was looking at a 2.0 but really want four wheel drive. I used to run an A4 quattro and fitted a RS4 rear arb, which made a huge difference to the handling of the car, so, is it possible to fit the RS6 rear arb to a special edition Avant, and more importantly, has anyone done it, and has it made much difference? Thanks in advance for your thoughts and comments... Will go the re-map route, egr bypass and DPF removal route too, can anyone recommend these mods, and have they made much difference to the drive/economy of the car? Sorry, that's two questions really, but birds and stones etc!
Cheers, Blackwood

I fitted a H+R arb kit to my 3.0 Le Mans Avant, and it made a massive difference! I run with the front set on "soft" and the rear on "hard" (although, in truth, you don't get to chose whether you want to run the rear hard or not - see here http://www.audi-sport.net/vb/a6-s6-...-its-suspension-upgrade-time.html#post1717208)

I went with aftermarket purely because I presumed the RS6 bar would be just as expensive as a full aftermarket kit (I think I paid around 350-ish), and I think the H+R is actually thicker than the RS6 bar too (foggy memory... blame children).

Another great thing about the H+R kit is the teflon bushes that come with it... no squeaking whatsoever, and no need to lube it up with copper grease all the time.