SE/S Line externally whats the difference?

Tank.

Reaction score
With my budget increased ive now two serious options,

one is a 99k 2006 S line avant 3.0 tdi manual

the other through a trader whos family of a friend of mine, says its an SE cobalt blue 80k miles tiptronic same engine as above with all the extras, long spec list but curious to know if theres a big difference externally and whether it would be difficult to upgrade?

also is there a huge difference to interior spec?

hmm bit of a dilemma now, although im still to see this SE i dont want to let the chap down or waste his time, i still liked the s-line i viewed despite some laquer peel on the rear bumper shouldn't be too dear to fix

guess all i can do is look at this one and decide after although theres a lot to be said for that special s line badge on the front

well to be fair the s-line body kit is better looking than the SE spec, but I really don't think much of the s-line springs & shocks (I think the s in s-line stands for Solid...) I'm about to remove my s-line badge and put a quattro on the front I really don't like the s-line badge on the front just looks a bit chavy to me.

Now spotted a 55 plate near edinburgh

Has led tail lights and xenon +

We're these an option on that age of car or are they likely retrofit?

And how important is audi service history, as far as I'm aware car has full service history but after calling dealers across scotland the cars hasn't been in any apart from aberdeen for recall work . Has aberdeen audi plates on it

No it was an option from the start of the C6, I have a 55 plate (MY06) with LED & Xenons all genuine.

It's not that important, but I would check with Audi to see if there any further recalls. However I would get the car fully serviced, oil change, filter change, brake fluid change. Also get a full fault code check with either VCDS or VAS.

Its DSG, anything to physically look for there? Is there a dipstick for the gearbox to check condition of fluid

the garage is open tomorrow so hopefully see it from the right side of the fence maybe even take it for a spin and take a note of the chassis number, do some investigation work.

is there anything that would identify a fault in the system before plugging in vagcom/vcds

like with the vauxhalls you can do the pedal test, identifys fault codes in a flashing light sequence

DSG! It was not available on that year or model of car, it was Manual, multitronic or tiptronic. With tiptronic being for the 3.0TDi or quattro models.

The manual & tiptronic gearbox is sealed for life, but you may want to get it changed if it's done 200K+

The car performs basic startup check and will display an error on the DIS, but

My bad, thought dsg and tiptronic were the same

It is tiptronic with paddle shift

So the box doesnt need serviced? Fluid change?

Thats a worry off then

Cars 78k so will be due a belt change

Can the aux belt be changed without removal of the front end? Sorry last question.....i think

Sounds like a nice car... If it's the one I'm thinking! Sadly no pics though on the add.... They're quite a well established company so touch wood you should be okay!

Cheers, wasnt sure on the rep of the company, heard of them.

Just happend to look at the ad despite no pics, sad thing is i prob could have had it a couple grand cheaper straight from the auction but told the trader i was dealing with to hold off due to no information on service history.

Was due to go through Kinross on Wednesday but was withdrawn, must have gone through on the friday or someone saw it and cut a deal with the seller

There was signs of some slight bubbling under the lights on the boot lid though, i know its possibly cheaply fixed but might as well try a warranty claim if i buy it

Auction prices have been extremely high lately! Good luck with the claim... Mines booked into Stirling branch on Tuesday to see if it's possible for a fix... Plus it's due a workshop fix on the radiator wiring harness.. (recall)

I believe Deano (a member on here) bought his Avant there also... Maybe worth a pm to him!

Well I'll not hold my breath, the other one i looked at needed a spray too so either way was gonna have to spend a couple hundred.

Give it the once over tomorrow make sure everything ties up before i call in the old man with the money

Yeah they do unfortunately suffer from rust! Which is pretty ridiculous considering the brand... My claim is looking very doubtful tbh...

Mines is on the rear quarter panels where it meets the bumper (both sides) and the sills are bad as well... drivers side door is known to drop and damage the sill.. Only know cure is a new hinge!

Places to usually check, its ok of its all good just now.

I'm a fairly keen detailer so any signs id spot quite quickly

My tailgate is also suffering from rust under the lights, I'm having my A6 sorted at the end of the month.

Well hopefully if its a common/known issue audi shouldn't have a problem sorting it

Hmm depends what they see fit, guess an option for them is replacement tail gate, of it its a £200-250 repair 70% aint too bad

Nope :( not the one, too many paint defects