audi a6 2006 mmi

carpetbagger

Reaction score
Hi just wondered if any one has had the same issue with their sat nav it was all working fine on the disc that came with the car
version 2005 which is a genuine copy , wanted to update so i purchased a 2012 version of ebay which looked like a genuine copy
(on closer inspection no sure if it is a genuine ) took original disc out inserted new disc seemed to update fine ,then an error message appeared (check disc )took disc out put it back in same put original disc in same error
cant clear it any help please or is this a main dealer issue cheers

Do you know what version of the MMI software you are running, if you don't this my help or post a picture. Checking Audi MMI sofware version for Bluetooth compatibility - YouTube if your MMI firmware is very out of date then the later nav may not work till the MMI is updated but cannot say for sure as the cars I've had with MMI get updated with the latest version. Also I don't believe the older disk will work if the nav firmware has been updated with the later firmware.

Did you get any error messages during the update, Also did it ask you to reboot after the update? Where about are you someone with VCDS may be able to scan the car and check for any error messages.

If your MMI system is out of date then you may what to get the update disk to get it up to the final version 5570. One thing to note is there are always risks when updating the MMI firmware, Bluetooth modules and Bose AMPS have been know to fail during updates.

Reactions: carpetbagger
If the disc is questionable, you could probably do worse than reading it to an image file and burning it back to a Verbatim -R at no quicker than 4x (the slower the better).

Or get a dealer to confirm whether it's dodgy or not, and if it is, report the couterfeit to eBay/PayPal, who will likely refund you.

R

Hi first off thankyou for your replies and the link for checking mmi version very useful
Woke up this morning with a fresh head and tried my original disc which loaded
then tried purchased disc which also loaded i put several locations in and navigated there o/k so putting it down to human error
the following information was from the link provided
sw No 4f0910730d
sw index 1110
sw date 14/10/04
again thankyou for your comments

Reactions: FactionOne
The system may have just needed a full reboot. The software you are running is very old (9 years) and could do with being updated to the latest & final version 5570, you would get TMC, update phone compatibility & several other enhancements it's well worth the money.

hi would like to look in to that where would i get it from and would it need any main dealer work
just a note after loadind 2012 disc i am sure i am receiving tmc,s
not noticed any other new functions ,but was not really looking for any

The part number for the CD's is 4L0 998 961 and is around £5-10 from your local Audi Dealer.

Hi all update on mmi went to audi to purchase disc b5nut recommended after a bit of messing about and the salesman asking me where i got the part No from his reply was , yes i could purchase the disc and the price was around what b5nut said ( cheers for the info ) but i would be using it at my own risk as it could damage the mmi and the ecu as it it a new update on a old mmi ?
has any one done this update any issues or should i just leave well alone (would like new version )

I've done the update around 30-40 times over the years and the only one dead module which was a BT module. However I've seen the BT module and a control head fail to update, but then updated on the second retry. The only thing I would say if you have had any trouble with the cd-changer (read errors or not reading cd's) then sort that first before doing the update.

Hi carpetbager,

MMI FW 5570 disc 1 run it once, disc 2 run it twice, disc 3 run it once Link:- http://www.audi-forums.com/attachme...g-s8-2008-us-update-instructions-mmi-high.pdf

If you have no telephone module carpetbagger you can skip disc 2 completely and do only 1 & 3.

I would recommend putting a battery recharger on the charge points in engine bay, some have done update whilst driving/running engine but if your car stalled or something unexpected caused power drain to MMI you may end up in sticky situation.

All the best
Gup