Sky InsuranceEM Tuning
    1st Gear

Status

Electric boot issues

Has anybody had issues with the electric boot on the avant, my car is a 55 plate with 100,000.00 miles so no spring chicken. The electric boot has recently started not opening properly. When I either open the boot on the fob or switch by the drivers door it will only rise a few inches, I have to either push the button 2 or 3 times and it then it opens. When I open the boot and use my hand to assist it up the boot opens fine, I really only put a tiny bit of assistance and it works. I think both the motors are ok as it can work fine if I man handle the boot a bit and then try it? Could be the struts but I think the struts really only start to assist when the boot is further up......any advice would be greatly welcomed, thanks
    3.0 TDI S Line Quattro Avant, Leather, Bose, Colour MMI Sat Nav, Phone, LED rear + Xenons

2. # ADS
    ADS

1st Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by crispin View Post
    Has anybody had issues with the electric boot on the avant, my car is a 55 plate with 100,000.00 miles so no spring chicken. The electric boot has recently started not opening properly. When I either open the boot on the fob or switch by the drivers door it will only rise a few inches, I have to either push the button 2 or 3 times and it then it opens. When I open the boot and use my hand to assist it up the boot opens fine, I really only put a tiny bit of assistance and it works. I think both the motors are ok as it can work fine if I man handle the boot a bit and then try it? Could be the struts but I think the struts really only start to assist when the boot is further up......any advice would be greatly welcomed, thanks
    Could it be that the car has "forgotten" its settings and you simply need to go through the settings process again?
    2012 A6 Avant 2.0TDi SE
    1970 Lotus Elan +2S

1st Gear

Status
    Tried that... It just feels like maybe the whole mechanism is worn which scares me and my bank balance! Thanks anyway.

Does anybody know if there are any adjustments?
    3.0 TDI S Line Quattro Avant, Leather, Bose, Colour MMI Sat Nav, Phone, LED rear + Xenons