Badger5Chris Nott
    Reverse Gear

Status

Unhappy Help identifying SatNav system and necessary disc please!

Hello Everyone,

So this is the last time that I'm going to ask the kids to clean my Audi...

...because since they did it, I've not been able to find the SatNav disc, and I don't know how to replace it!!

The car is a 2007 (07 plate) A6 Avant, 2.0 TDI SE.

It's got a monochrome (red) in-dash display, and the SatNav unit is in the glove box to the right of the 6-CD changer and is simply labelled 'CD Navigation'.

From what I've been reading, I understand that this means that I have an MMS Basic system - is that right??

In good faith, I recently purchased a new, seal-in-box, Audi Navigation CD labelled "Audi Navigation United Kingdom and Ireland BNS 5.0 Version 2007", because I was pretty sure that this is what it used to have. And guess what - it wasn't, because this disc does not work!!

So, £50 lighter and not very happy, I really could do with some help in trying to find out what I need to buy to replace the missing disc. It doesn't have to be bang up to date with the very latest maps or anything, the good ol' 2007 version I used to have was fine!

Please can someone help with a part number or a version number or a link?

Many thanks in advance,

Andrew.

2. # ADS
    ADS

1st Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by wetandmuddy View Post
    Hello Everyone,

So this is the last time that I'm going to ask the kids to clean my Audi...

...because since they did it, I've not been able to find the SatNav disc, and I don't know how to replace it!!

The car is a 2007 (07 plate) A6 Avant, 2.0 TDI SE.

It's got a monochrome (red) in-dash display, and the SatNav unit is in the glove box to the right of the 6-CD changer and is simply labelled 'CD Navigation'.

From what I've been reading, I understand that this means that I have an MMS Basic system - is that right??

In good faith, I recently purchased a new, seal-in-box, Audi Navigation CD labelled "Audi Navigation United Kingdom and Ireland BNS 5.0 Version 2007", because I was pretty sure that this is what it used to have. And guess what - it wasn't, because this disc does not work!!

So, £50 lighter and not very happy, I really could do with some help in trying to find out what I need to buy to replace the missing disc. It doesn't have to be bang up to date with the very latest maps or anything, the good ol' 2007 version I used to have was fine!

Please can someone help with a part number or a version number or a link?

Many thanks in advance,

Andrew.
    Can't completely help you, but you are correct in that you have MMI Basic with CD Navigation. Was the disk you purchased definitely for a car with MMI navigation? Back 2007 there Audi offered MMI systems on the A6 and A8 bit on other models it was a system using the RNS-D Double Din Head Unit and it may be that the disc you have bought is for that system and not the MMI system
    2012 A6 Avant 2.0TDi SE
    1970 Lotus Elan +2S

Reverse Gear

Status
    Thanks very much Elan2, so at least I now know what I have. In answer to your question, the CD I bought was sold as being compatible with MMI, but it clearly isn't, hence my wariness.

Please can anyone now confirm that if I buy an MMI Basic CD-ROM (as opposed to a DVD) from eBay, it will work with my system?

Cheers,

Andrew.

Yorkshire & Humber Rep.

Status
    call audi give them the reg and ask them what you have
    the 2007 in the a4 rns-e even tho it said MMI on the screen it wasnt MMI

6th Gear

Status
    From 2005 onward the (C6 chassis) only came with MMI (not RNS-E) There was two MMI versions Basic (Which had a red screen) and High which had a colour screen. The red screen version was a CD based navigation, and looking at etka the discs are around £60 ish and the latest part number is 8X0051884B but check with your local dealer before handing over any cold hard cash!

1st Gear

Status
    Going back to the original issue, the "helpful" car cleaners haven't put the Navigation CD in the Autochanger or the in-dash cd slot have they? As Bez101 mentions when Audi launched the RNS-E unit they inferred it had MMI functionality when all that meant was that it had an "MMI like" interface. This link to the Audi Germany website might help you https://shops.audi.com/de_DE/web/zub...=8649820#c3378
    2012 A6 Avant 2.0TDi SE
    1970 Lotus Elan +2S