C6 Jacking Points

johnny_m

Reaction score
Hi, Silly question but where can position my trolley jack under my 2007 c6 avant ? - Both front and rear places...

Thanks for your help

When i used to put mine on the "four point hoist" i used the jacking locations on the sills where the car jack fits as these are the best jacking points. Unsure if your jack will fit under them though, if it does they are the black blocks on the sill iirc.

For some DIY work I used trolley jack on the points under sill (denoted by black mounting point) then placed the axle stand on the subframe ...

For instance when I did front brakes I used trolley jack on factory sill point and then an axle stand where item 21 fits into item 20 on this diagram Link:- Sub frame mounting parts for engine and transmission for 6 speed automatic transm. 2,7/3,0ltr. 5.2ltr. 2.8ltr. 3,0l 3.2ltr. 4.2ltr. 4.2ltr.. Fits: 2010 Audi A6 | Jim Ellis Audi Parts

When I did rear brakes I found subframe point I wanted to use was hidden under plastic cover. I used trolley jack on sill and axle stand where item 2 fits into 1, on this diagram Link:- Sub frame rear. Fits: 2010 Audi A6 | Jim Ellis Audi Parts

That's great, thanks for your help both of you.
I thought the jacking blocks were a little flimsy for the trolley jack.

Before jacking up car I checked the blocks were seated properly in sill.

I then cut a wood pole to make an adapter to fit the cavity in the factory jack point mouldings.

Trolley jack lifting point then made good even contact with sill jacking point :) ...